Full-Time Distribution Planner Trainee
Become a Distribution Planner Trainee at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will be part of a team who loves to build, design and modernize California’s energy grid. We are building the infrastructure for transportation electrification and energy storage to help make decisions on where our facilities will be for future generations. Working on the front lines responding to our customers and communities, you will be behind every light switch, making contributions, big and small, to help Southern California thrive. You will come in every single day knowing the work you do makes a huge difference to our customers.
Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
Our Distribution Planner Training (DPT) was designed with you in mind. You will receive hands-on training to develop and prepare estimates, work orders, drawings, construction plans, and bills of materials used at the planning stage of new engineering and construction in small to medium-sized residential and commercial/industrial projects.
All Distribution Planner Trainee training is paid. Your virtual/physical training will take place in our Chino, CA offices and on-the-job training will be at your designated work location. Once you complete your training, you will be a bona fide Distribution Planning Specialist.
A day in the life:
- Driving through our scenic 50,000 square mile service territory to meet, interact, and partner with onsite team members and customers to review job requests and project designs
- Using technical tools like AutoCAD to prepare work orders for field construction crews
- Investigating and resolving customer inquiries regarding electrical lines and equipment
- Coordinating activities with all different kinds of people from customers, drafting technicians and engineers to other utilities, local governments and construction crews
- Leading follow-through, policies, procedures, rules, rates, completion dates, and ensuring compliance of electrical designs
- Occasionally lifting objects. Typically less than 40lbs
- Working in various weather conditions. Possibly even in some remote regions—the coast, desert, mountains across California
- Maintaining a safety “own it” mindset where you choose to be safe for what and who you value
- One or more years of experience, training, or education in any of the following fields: Drafting, Mapping, Architecture, Construction, Engineering, or Electrical
- Three or more years of customer service experience building relationships, identifying needs, and resolving issues
- One or more years of experience of project support and coordination of high-volume and concurrent projects/assignments; adjusting to shifting priorities, and meeting deadlines
- A valid U.S. Driver License
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Familiar with electrical utility industry practices and regulatory standards
- Experience with overhead electrical distribution and/or underground electric distribution systems
- Fluent with computer software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, SAP, or other applications
- Experience using graphs, solving math problems, and drawing/interpreting diagrams and maps
- Successful completion of Electrical Utility Planner Certification Program (from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona), AutoCAD, or similar programs
You should know …
- Hybrid: This position’s work mode is Hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Visit our Candidate Resources page to get important information related to testing, candidate tips, hiring process, and our fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks.
- Relocation assistance will not be offered.
- Get in the action! Position may require to work any day of the year, planned or during emergencies. This could involve extensive continuous overtime during the normal shift as well as weekends and holidays.
Learn more about Planning:
- Check here to learn more on how Planners are the backbone of our electric grid at SCE.
- You may be requested to do an OnDemand digital interview as part of the hiring process. Click here to view more about digital interviewing and get tips to help you prepare.
- We have multiple Distribution Planner Trainee positions across our Southern California Edison territory. Please apply to each location you would like to be considered.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We have crafted tips and an Information Guide designed to help you know what to expect. Please access our Information Guides to reference test(s): Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203) and EEI Tech (Test 5107). Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- You can also visit www.eei.org/practicetests or www.eei.org/testingbrochures to access practice tests and test brochures. Username = paper, Password = pen
- Testing will be from 9/14/22 to 9/30/22. Monitor your email account daily to ensure no important communications regarding your application status or invitation to test will be missed. Invitations to test will be sent to the email address used during your application. Email communications for testing will come from Ta***************@sc*.com and no******@pa********.com.
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
How to ApplyClick on the link below to see the list of our 21 locations and apply online. Apply to each location that you are willing to work. http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.c22cC_I_K
636 total views, 0 today