Full-Time Director of Human Resources & Administration
Job Title: Director of Human Resources & Administration
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Job Status: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Salary Range: $110,000 – $140,000
Application Deadline: January 12, 2024
Starting: February 2024
Location: Washington, DC area
About Generation Hope:
Generation Hope is a nonprofit organization with a mission to ensure all student parents have the opportunities to succeed and experience economic mobility by engaging education and policy partners to drive systemic change and providing direct support to teen parents in college as well as their children through holistic, two-generation programming. To date, we have provided over $1.2 million in tuition assistance, supported almost 450 teen parents in college, celebrated more than 170 degrees earned through our program, and built relationships with 30+ two and four-year institutions nationwide. For more information, please visit www.generationhope.org.
By joining our team, you will work for an organization named “one of the best nonprofits” by Spur Local. Not only do we live out and operationalize our values, we do the work to create a culture that truly supports every member of our staff. The best part of our organization is the people, from the families we serve to the team we have deliberately cultivated. We strive for excellence while understanding the most valuable asset that we have is our people. We celebrate diversity in all forms, including thought, professional and lived experiences, race, gender – even taste in music. If this sounds like a mission and work environment you would like to contribute to and grow with, please consider joining our team.
Generation Hope seeks a Director of Human Resources & Administration who will serve as the head of Human Resources and a key member of the Leadership Team. They will be responsible for establishing and leading initiatives, systems, and best practices to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and high-performing workforce with the goal of encouraging innovation, learning, and cross-cultural collaboration. The Director will also define the processes and implement the infrastructure/systems needed to support Generation Hope’s strategic objectives. In addition to being a strategic thought partner to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Director of Human Resources & Administration will be involved in a range of strategic planning and internal initiatives as a member of the Leadership Team and will manage a team of administrative professionals who will plan and coordinate across the organization.
Candidate Recruitment, Hiring, and On-Boarding
- Develop and implement targeted recruitment strategies to ensure a robust and diverse applicant pool for all openings.
- Oversee the hiring process to ensure that scheduling interviews, communicating with candidates, and following up with candidates is implemented efficiently and with professionalism.
- Provide onboarding services and orientation to all new staff members and ensure department and program-level orientations are standardized and compelling.
Professional Development and Performance Management
- Train, coach, and support managers to navigate evaluation, training, promotion, discipline, termination, and other HR issues.
- Collaborate with managers to update job descriptions across the agency and implement a system for regular review and revision of descriptions.
- Design and implement an enhanced performance management system for employee evaluation.
- Develop internal staff trainings and identify relevant available external trainings.
- Research, implement, and maintain salary scales to standardize salary ranges across the organization and relative to peer organizations.
- Negotiate benefits plan renewals to balance quality coverage with expenses for the organization and employees.
- Administer all payroll and benefits-related responsibilities and monitor relevant reports to ensure accuracy.
- Serve as the staff lead for all 403(b) administration responsibilities (in coordination with our third-party administrator).
- Create a comprehensive benefits package for prospective employees and connect existing staff with educational opportunities on current benefits.
General HR Administration and Systems
- Understand, interpret, and share relevant laws related to personnel management and ensure all HR processes and actions comply with these laws.
- Manage all HRIS systems, to include BambooHR.
- Review current HR systems, exploring and ultimately implementing new systems based on organizational needs.
- Ensure the Administrative Coordinator is working closely with all third-party vendors, to include the IT helpdesk, technology maintenance, and security system providers.
- Support the planning and budgeting process for IT purchases and upgrades.
- Develop and maintain DC office security protocols.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Growth & Strategy to ensure efficient and secure office procedures are in place at all Generation Hope sites.
- Manage the Administrative Coordinator and additionally hired team members including a DEI professional, holding team members accountable for stellar performance and upholding Generation Hope’s values.
- Create systems for regularly gauging the morale of the Administrative team and plan regular activities, including an annual retreat, that keep the team uplifted. Hold weekly coaching/check-in meetings with direct reports, and develop and implement a system to evaluate the skills, experience, and professional development needs of the Administrative staff.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Generation Hope’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred, in a related field such as Human Resources or Organizational Psychology.
- Minimum 7-10 years of HR Business Partner/Generalist experience across a range of competencies.
- At least five years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading HR department(s) through strategic and transactional change.
- Experience with employee relations.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative in determining new or modifying existing HR policies and procedures and effectively communicating them to staff and Board members.
- Demonstrated organizational leadership and decision-making capability collaboratively at a senior management level.
- Ability to communicate to staff and Board members the short and long-term impact, specific and strategic, of HR policy and procedures.
- Ability to manage budgets and experience working closely with the COO to achieve team financial goals.
- Excellent verbal and organizational written communication skills, including editing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve goals and align interests through cooperation and collaboration with other groups and cross-functional teams, even where no direct reporting relationship exists.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive matters.
- Experience with Monday.com, ADP, BambooHR, and Google products, including Google Sheets, Word, Slides (or Powerpoint), a plus
- Personal and professional commitment to understanding and dismantling systemic racism
CANDIDATES MUST RESIDE IN THE WASHINGTON, DC AREA BEFORE THE EMPLOYMENT START DATE.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements in terms of qualifications. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
Generation Hope has a hybrid remote and in-office work model.
Generation Hope provides full benefits, including 403(b), health, dental, and paid time off. More information on benefits can be found at generationhope.org/careers. To safeguard the health of our employees, participants, and community, all new hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the employment start date. Our full vaccination policy is available here.
To apply, please complete the online application. If this link does not work, you can access the application at this URL: https://Generation_Hope.formstack.com/forms/apply_now. No calls, please.
Generation Hope is an equal-opportunity employer. Generation Hope will not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health decisions), age, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, and disability.
How to ApplyTo apply, please complete the online application. If this link does not work, you can access the application at this URL: https://Generation_Hope.formstack.com/forms/apply_now. No calls, please.
102 total views, 0 today