Full-Time Director of FP&A
UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for a Director of FP&A who can operate with a high level of independence, and will play a key leadership role within UrbanStems. You will manage a small team and own all weekly and monthly finance processes, including finance monthly close, annual budget, and monthly forecast. Our ideal candidate will collaborate with our CEO and VP Finance to transform the function into a center of excellence, driving insights and strategy to support exponential growth. You will manage reporting and analysis on performance, as well as support yearly brand strategy and brand innovation processes.
- Partner with executive leadership to aid in decision making for the company through robust financial modeling and the interpretation of key business and financial trends
- Manage the development of the annual budget and monthly estimate process, along with reporting and analysis on performance
- Own the brand finance function, supporting brand strategy and process, and oversee OPEX and COGS
- Prepare and issue the monthly board deck of financial analysis and reporting with commentary, actual results of operations, and other reporting needs
- Develop P&L estimates for the monthly financial estimate process
- Liaise with accounting team to facilitate monthly close and compliance processes
- Interface with cross functional team leaders to review financial results and forecasting, identify risks and opportunities, recommend actions, and ensure budget management
- Partner with Business Intelligence to create and develop KPIs to drive business decisions
- Develop, train, and lead a productive and high-performing finance team to support the fast-growing needs of the business
- Drive continuous improvement by automating, refining, and implementing processes and tools that support scalable growth
- 5+ years experience at a high-growth startup or company that sells physical goods a plus, with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Demonstrated prior team management experience
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Experience with an ERP (SAP or NetSuite), Hyperion or SmartView, and other internal systems
- Self starter with strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to prioritize multiple projects and quickly adapt in an evolving environment
- Strong ability to see around corners and anticipate future business scenarios, enabling the company to plan for (and invest in) future growth wisely
We’re happy to offer our full-time employees a generous PTO package, matching 401k, comprehensive family planning benefits, including paid parental leave and membership with Maven Clinic, employee and friends/family product discounts, monthly internet stipend, charity matching fund, developmental spending program, and pre-tax commuter benefits, in addition to medical, dental, and vision coverage.
At UrbanStems, we’re proud of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we pride ourselves on hiring individuals that share our passion for enacting real change. Come join our team of talented and unique individuals, where authenticity is encouraged and celebrated. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We know the environment we’ve created at UrbanStems is a place to grow. If you don’t possess every single requirement you see on this posting, but think you’d thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply today.
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/urban/jobs/6424612002
251 total views, 0 today