Full-Time Director of Development
JASMYN, Inc. supports and empowers LGBTQ+ young people by creating safe space, providing health and wholeness services, and offering youth development opportunities, while bringing people and resources together to promote equality and human rights. JASMYN has grown from a peer support group in area libraries at its founding in 1994 to a full campus addressing the growing needs of LGBTQ+ young people. In 2017, 1,116 youth relied on JASMYN for support. The annual operating budget exceeded $1.4M, and of that, 64% was raised through individual contributions, corporate support, foundation gifts and grants, and signature events. With a dedicated Fund Development Committee comprised of Board members and community volunteers working hand in hand with development staff, the campus has grown from one youth center building to three since 2014. As JASMYN approaches its 25th anniversary, the focus is on long-term sustainability. www.jasmyn.org
Director of Development Position Description
JASMYN is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Development (DoD) to be a critical member of a team working to provide LGBTQ youth a safe space while working to create systemic change in northeast Florida. A Director of Development with a heart for the mission will play a key role in ensuring the continued success of the work of the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, and other key staff. We seek a strong leader and inclusive team player to build upon the organization’s fundraising success to the next level through donor stewardship, relationship building, and public awareness. With a new strategic plan in process to guide our work from 2019-2021, the new lead development officer will be charged with building upon the current fund development plan to meet ambitious goals of campus expansion and sustainability.
Working at JASMYN is both a professional challenge and a labor of love. Ask yourself:
1. Am I an experienced fundraising professional ready to put my skills to work for a nationally-recognized LGBTQ+ organization?
2. Am I passionate about finding resources to help meet the needs of marginalized communities/?
3. Do I have a heart for social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion?
The Director of Development leads strategic fund development towards organizational goals and objectives, raising operating funds, capital funds, and supporting board-directed strategic reserves. The DoD manages multiple deadlines and priorities, and facilitates individual and community messaging via multiple platforms.
• Lead interactions and facilitate communication between Board members and Board committees regarding current & potential donors, funding sources, community events, fundraising events, and house parties in regard to all aspects of development
• Attend monthly Board meetings, provide administrative support for the Board’s Fund Development Committee, and support other board fundraising event committees
• As needed, serve on ad hoc project committees established by the Board, represent fund development plans and reports to the Board Fiscal Committee and other committees as needed, and stand ready to engage as needed with Board leadership towards fund development and strategic planning.
Leadership, Staff Management and Engagement:
• Manage the work of the Volunteer & Community Engagement Specialist:
o to support the growing number of volunteers in service to the mission of JASMYN, and
o to continue building a network of corporate and community partners to support special events and campaigns for the Food & Hygiene Pantries, Hot Meal Program, special clothing and supply drives, and general operating funds
o to increase capacity for annual giving and special giving opportunities, such as In Honor / In Memory and In Lieu of Gifts campaigns
• Engage staff at all levels in support of youth development, special events, and identifying pathways to funding additional capacity to serve the growing number of youth seeking support at JASMYN
• Serve on the Director Team and support the work of peers in the delivery of programs, services, and community outreach / education
• Develop and manage the annual department budget
Fund Development Revenue Channel Management:
• Maintain donor stewardship and cultivation plans that increases donors’ financial commitments to JASMYN, including annual support, major gifts, and legacy / estate gifts
• Lead regular campus tours and facilitate prospective donor education
• Manage the administrative planning and execution of signature events, working closely with Board-led committees to achieve approved net fundraising and attendance goals
• Plan and oversee direct mail campaigns and special giving campaigns, matching campaigns, employee giving, and federated campaigns
• Develop Foundation relationships and proposals, completing research and establishing project plans for meeting deadlines for asks, reporting, and follow-up
Technical and Communications Responsibilities:
• Serve as database administrator for Bloomerang (cloud-based donor management system)
o Schedule individual and team tasks in the CRM to track donor visits, communications, and acknowledgements
o Maintain online donation forms
o Develop and monitor reports based on donor, campaign, and appeal criteria
o Work with development and executive team to ensure accurate data entry related to donor and volunteer engagement
• Develop and maintain fund development plan to be adopted by the Board of Directors, with monthly and quarterly reporting to the Board on progress, achievements, and forecasts
• Maintain public-facing social media, electronic news, website and video channels to support brand messaging and community engagement
• May be authorized to serve as spokesperson for media or community events as assigned by the CEO; responsible for development of program scripts, public comments, and messaging in support of the organization
Skills / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree and five to seven (5 – 7) years of progressive fundraising experience in the not-for-profit arena
• Knowledge of fundraising and role of public relations in developing income streams from gifts and contributions
• Experience with fundraising event planning and coordination
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Foundation grant proposal development experience required
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, Board members, and staff
• Strong, proven leadership, analytical, and strategic-thinking skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Proficient in MS Office, including Word and Excel. Knowledge of Bloomerang or relational database/CRM a plus
• Discretion when discussing sensitive donor information with staff and Board members.
• Must pass criminal background checks and have a valid driver’s license
• Must be available to work flexible schedule that will include evenings and weekends
How to Apply• JASMYN is an equal opportunity employer. • Full-time salaried position; Exempt • JASMYN offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience and skills, and excellent benefits including health insurance, IRA retirement plan, paid holidays, and generous leave policy. • Application Procedure: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter that details relevant experience related to job responsibilities, salary requirements, and a detailed resume with at least three references. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled, but for maximum consideration, submit application by July 6, 2018. Candidates chosen for interview will be contacted. We will be unable to take phone calls or other inquiries related to posting or hiring details.
58 total views, 3 today