Full-Time Director of Development – Eastern Region
Do you want to utilize your proven fundraising experience to support a cause that makes a daily difference in people’s lives? Are you passionate about strengthening your community’s social safety net? Use your people skills and story-telling ability to inspire donors to improve the lives of food-insecure neighbors.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and strengthening relationships between the Food Bank and its donors and prospective donors within a specific, geographic segment of the Food Bank’s service area – the region identified by the Food Bank as the Eastern Region (Charlottesville and surrounding areas) — and for sharing the story of the Food Bank. This individual manages the identification, creative engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of leadership donors and develops short- and long-term goals and implements plans to increase financial support.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and managing relationships with Food Bank leadership donors, especially individuals living and working in the eastern region of the Food Bank’s service area.
- Strategic identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects through a variety of development strategies, including personal visits, proposals, events and tours.
- Managing the Food Bank’s monthly donor program from solicitation through stewardship, and other annual individual giving projects, using effective strategies and attention to detail.
Required job qualifications:
We seek an engaging, motivated individual to join a dynamic, collaborative, and rewarding team environment. Other requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent amount of relevant training and/or experience.
- At least three to five years of progressive experience in fundraising, including experience as a gift officer visiting and soliciting donors.
- Ability to independently manage priorities, identify opportunities, think strategically, and effectively communicate our mission and the experiences of our clients.
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and in person, including public speaking.
- Extensive computer experience and comfort using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in using a relational database/CRM; knowledge of Salesforce a real plus.
- Self-starter who works well autonomously/independently and as a member of a highly collaborative team.
The Director of Development role is full-time with competitive salary and benefits. This position is on-site and based in Charlottesville with regional travel expectations, and reports to the Managing Director of Development. The successful candidate may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
To be considered for this role, send a cover letter and resume to hu************@br***.org or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The positions will be open until filled. To learn more about the Food Bank, please visit our website at www.brafb.org.
About the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is a respected, regional nonprofit providing nourishing food and hope to neighbors living with food insecurity. Founded in 1981, the Food Bank serves 25 counties and eight cities in central and western Virginia out of four distribution centers in Winchester, Lynchburg, Charlottesville, and Verona, our headquarters. We provide food to 110,000 visitors each month through a partner network of more than 400 community partners. Total revenues of approximately $50 million and an operating budget of $12 million support the work of more than 70 employees.
The Food Bank is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspective and lived experiences. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
How to ApplyTo be considered for this role, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482. The positions will be open until filled. To learn more about the Food Bank, please visit our website at www.brafb.org.
37 total views, 1 today