Full-Time Director – Compliance Advisory Team Ireland
The Ireland Compliance Advisory team oversees compliance for two BNY Mellon entities in Ireland one of which is a Fund Administration Firm, the other is the branch of an EEA Credit Institution which operates BNY’s Trust and Depositary business in Ireland. This team provides advisory support to the Business, manages regulatory change events via Horizon Scanning, oversees regulatory interactions, executes the annual Compliance Risk Assessment and related annual Compliance Plan.
An opportunity has arisen for a senior role on the Compliance Advisory Team with responsibility for assisting the business units to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements.
- Assisting with the annual execution of the Compliance Risk Assessment
- Managing the drafting and execution of the Annual Compliance Plan
- Advising business management on regulatory obligations and regulatory expectations
- Drafting reports to Boards and its Committees. Attendance at committees and executive meetings as required.
- Liaison point between the Compliance and Risk functions. This will include:
- managing meetings where Risk and Compliance discuss product developments and operational issues and other risk items,
- ownership of Compliance reporting to Risk Committees,
- tracking emerging compliance and regulatory risks and identify common themes.
- overview of risk assessments across the three lines of defence and investigating discrepancies. Including compliance oversight of 1LOD risk assessment
- identifying synergies across Compliance and Risk
- Horizon Scanning for regulatory change events, determining applicability, and overseeing impact assessments by relevant owners.
- Analysing existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices to help the assigned businesses develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements.
- Reviewing draft regulatory deliverables prior to submission.
- Liaising with Financial Crime Compliance and Compliance Testing as required.
- Working with Compliance and Risk colleagues across the BNY Mellon group to ensure Ireland is meeting functional goals and standards on an ongoing basis.
- Contributes to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Analysing control processes to ensure they are following all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Deliver in-person training on compliance matters
- Review group/regional Compliance policies to determine appropriateness for Irish business units.
- Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to management.
- Provides guidance to more junior team members to function, as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Broader Responsibilities, Qualities and Values:
- Ability to operate in matrix/global organisation, delivering outcomes using influence & leadership, driving accountability
- Ability to manage diverse work, overlapping priorities, and a diverse staff
- Ability to work in rapidly changing environment
- Project management skills, including large, complex projects
- Strong analytical skills and process orientation
Core Competencies and Requirements
- 7-10 years of Compliance, Risk, Audit or Legal experience preferred with experience of the financial services and the pertaining laws, regulations, and regulatory expectations.
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to construct clear, concise, and compelling stories on technical subject matter for a broad employee audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage many diverse and often complex issues and/or tasks, with demonstrated ability to effectively drive accountability and get results.
- Excellent judgement and utmost integrity and objectivity, with demonstrated commitment to upholding high standards.
- Superb attention to detail, highly organized and efficient.
- Self-starter and highly motivated, with entrepreneurial mindset.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=21009&pid=12069187
77 total views, 0 today