Full-Time Digital Associate (Remote)
NextGen America is currently seeking a creative, self-starting Digital Associate to develop and execute winning online campaigns. This person will work with the team to engage and grow the NextGen email and SMS community to advance our organizing and electoral priorities. We are looking for someone who wants to connect powerful organizing and campaigning with digital tools and technology to help elect progressives up and down the ballot and advocate for a transformative policy agenda.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in America’s future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization–in theory and in practice–and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others.
This role will report to the National Digital Campaigns Manager.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
End Date: 11/15/2022
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as digital writer and producer for NextGen America’s email program, drafting copy for emails and web pages for online campaigns.
- Draft, build and schedule SMS broadcasts and other mobile communications.
- Assist in the management of grassroots campaigns from conception to design, execution and analysis.
- Produce and checklist large email campaigns and “daisy chain” action pages.
- Produce reports on digital engagement and experiments to NextGen America teams.
- Maintain an understanding of the emerging trends in digital storytelling and utilize them effectively.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1-3 years of communications or digital work for political campaigns, nonprofit advocacy groups or marketing.
- Exceptional writing, copyediting and proofreading skills.
- The candidate must have excellent organizational skills, and demonstrate a clear ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work remotely in a highly collaborative distributed environment
- They must have a strong work ethic and demonstrate consistent attention to detail.
- Be a positive, collaborative team player that sets the tone for everyone to do their best work.
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly collaborative distributed workforce setting.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Proficiency with advocacy CRM tools such as Blue State Digital, NGPVAN, Convio or Salsa.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS for email and landing pages.
- Familiarity with graphics and editing tools like the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Omniture, Facebook Analytics, etc.
Salary for this position is $62,000. NextGen America also offers a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.
How to Applyhttps://nextgenamerica.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=172&source=aWQ9Mjc%3D
785 total views, 0 today