Full-Time DevOps Engineer II
DevOps Engineer II
As a DevOps Engineer at Passport, you will be at the center of our efforts to build and/or redesign scalable software solutions for our clients. You will design, develop, test, and debug cloud applications and deployment automation in support of Passport’s development teams. Your efforts will be critical to ensuring we are following DevOps best practices such as infrastructure as code, security as code, use of deployment and maintenance automation at all stages of our SDLC. You will work closely with the application development and product teams and take direction from more senior engineers and leads.
- Work with software development teams to design and deploy highly scalable, fault-tolerant solutions in AWS
- Write and maintain webhooks and Lambda functions to audit infrastructure, create KPIs, and automate CI/CD and data pipelines
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code to automate tasks and tooling that drive operational efficiency
- Lead ongoing efforts to automate and simplify deployment pipelines
- Assist development teams with debugging infrastructure and automation issues
- Ensure that sufficient monitors and alerts are in place and help the broader engineering team become more proactive at production support
- Maintain and update live SaaS systems with 99.9% client uptime SLA’s
- Work with the broader engineering team to maintain 24x7x365 support
- Work with awesome people on a daily basis
You have excellent attention to detail and can troubleshoot issues with ease. You can multitask between multiple complex projects and operational requests. You listen, collaborate, take note of alternate viewpoints, and implement the best solution.
- At least 3 years of combined experience in DevOps, systems administration, or development at an organization supporting dozens to hundreds of applications and/or servers
- At least 2 years of experience supporting applications in a production environment
- 2 years of experience scripting or writing code
- Experience with administration of continuous integration tools such as GitLab
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible or an equivalent
- Experience using AWS (strongly preferred), Azure, or GCP for an end-user facing workload
- Experience working with and developing APIs, especially on AWS Lambda, is a plus
- Experience with service-oriented architecture / microservices is a plus
- Experience with log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of infrastructure is a plus
- Experience with Container and Container Management frameworks. (e.g. Docker and Swarm, AWS ECS) is a plus
Passport sets cities in motion, helping to create more livable, equitable communities. Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Passport is a transportation software company, delivering the operating system that enables cities to manage vehicle interactions with streets and sidewalks. With Passport, city leaders increase convenience, efficiency and compliance today and tomorrow. Trusted by more than 1,200 cities, universities and agencies, including Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles, and Miami, Passport is one of the fastest-growing companies on the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists, and was named to Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2020.
Passport provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
How to ApplyThank you for your interest in our DevOps Engineer II position! Please apply through the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=defb40d0-f2ac-46a8-a5c8-84f563616cc8&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=466170&lang=en_US
66 total views, 2 today