Full-Time Development Director
New Leaders Council (NLC) is the hub for progressive Millennial leadership. NLC is the premier leadership development organization whose mission is to recruit, train, and promote the next generation of progressive leaders. Soon to be the largest voting bloc in American history (~83 million voters) and possessing significant economic power, Millennials will be the generation to truly change our institutions in American society.
Anchored by its six-month training program, the NLC Institute, our programs equips our leaders with the skills and networks to make impactful change, whether they run for office, manage campaigns, or create start ups and nonprofits. NLC leaders take their activism back into their communities and workplaces to impact progressive change.
NLC has 50 chapters across the country in red and blue states with nearly 8,000 alumni. NLC is a true reflection of the Millennial generation with 63 percent of our NLC community self-identifying as people of color and 61 percent women.
The Development Director will report to the President & CEO and partner with senior staff to expand NLC’s fund development program to cultivate a stable and growing donor base. The ideal candidate has experience cultivating, securing, and stewarding a diverse donor base engaging individual, corporate, foundation, event, and alumni giving.
• Develop and oversee the fund development strategies supporting NLC’s mission, 50 chapters, and nearly 8000 alumni
• Lead and monitor the multi-year plan for reaching the organization’s fundraising goals, surpassing its current $2 million budget
• Advise CEO on identifying, cultivating, and maintaining individual, corporate, and foundation donors
• Cultivate Board members as donors and networkers, including offering support for their individual commitments or fundraising strategies
• Partner closely with volunteers from NLC’s 50 chapters to fundraise at the local and national level
• Lead online fund development strategies and the year-end giving campaign
• Manage fundraising events and direct funding strategies for NLC’s annual convention
• Develop and manage an alumni giving program in partnership with senior volunteers
• Maintain ongoing communications with NLC’s donor base, such as ensuring timely and accurate report deliveries
• Create marketing collateral related to fund development strategies
• Oversee and use NGP to track funder relationships and individual donors
• Demonstrated ability to maintain and grow a stable and diverse multi-million dollar fundraising program
• Background in nonprofit and political fundraising is strongly encouraged
• Ability to lead with a lean staff and powerhouse volunteer base across the country
• Familiarity with federated organizational structure with national staff and local volunteers
• Demonstrated commitment to public service, with an enthusiasm for NLC’s mission to recruit, train, and promote the next generation of progressive & diverse leaders
Experience & Skills
• 7+ years’ fundraising experience
• 3+ years’ staff and volunteer management experience
• Proficient with NGP and EveryAction
• Grant writing experience is a plus
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to thrive with tenacity and humor in a faced-faced, nimble nonprofit while operating remote work environment
• Bachelors required; Masters welcomed
Salary will be commensurate with experience. NLC offers a comprehensive benefits package.
New Leaders Council is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyTo apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 11th.
16 total views, 1 today