Full-Time Development Director
Americans for Financial Reform Education Fund (AFREF) is growing in new and exciting ways and we are adding several staff positions to support that growth. We are building a team that is diverse, does awesome work, has a huge impact, and collaborates to move a fundamentally important set of levers for racial and economic justice. We are seeking a Development Director who can help us strengthen our capacity to transform the financial system and make change.
Americans for Financial Reform Education Fund (AFREF) played a leading role in winning passage of the Dodd Frank Financial Reform law and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and we are driving the fight for broader transformations of the financial system to advance economic, racial, and social justice. AFREF’s staff develops plans and strategies in collaboration with a coalition of more than 200 consumer, civil rights, labor, community based, and other organizations, along with academics and policy experts, together to advance this fundamentally important work in the economic and racial justice agenda.
Our work thus far has built expertise, relationships and strategic insight that put us in the position to achieve greater impact, and to think creatively about next steps. The
Development Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the leadership team, and collaborate across the organization, to increase revenue, forge new relationships, and build our capacity to make change.
The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to economic and racial justice, be an experienced fundraiser with a track record of raising new revenue, have a solid
understanding of fundraising practices, and have an interest in building a strong
Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Executive Director, leadership team and Board to develop and implement fundraising strategy and infrastructure.
- Forge new relationships to enhance the organization’s vision, impact and financial
- Develop strategies to attract and steward donors; identify, cultivate and apply for
new funding streams.
- Lead and carry out the range of activities required to research, write, prepare, and
submit grant proposals and reports to foundations and other donors.
- Craft – and work with other AFREF staff to craft – other donor facing materials tohighlight and explain AFREF’s work.
- Lead and facilitate internal development strategy and planning meetings.
- Provide strategic and practical support for the Executive Director, the leadership
team and senior staff across the organization in their engagement with foundations and other donors.
- Work with the leadership team to identify and develop fundraising opportunities in addition to traditional foundation support.
- In collaboration with the COO and the operations team, ensure accurate and timely input of donor data and production of accurate internal reports.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A strong commitment to racial and economic justice.
- 7+ years of experience in nonprofit development or comparable position, some in a leadership role.
- Excellent writing and communications skills across a variety of formats including grant proposals and reports, and the ability to present complex strategies and policy material in narratives that are approachable for and tailored to specific funder audiences.
- Creative thinking skills and the ability to proactively develop new ideas and solve
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Proven experience managing, prioritizing and meeting multiple deadlines in a fastpaced environment.
Annual salary range: $105,000 – $125,000 commensurate with experience. Generous
benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401K, and generous time off. We invest in growth opportunities for our staff, both within a position and within the organization.
This position is full-time; Washington, D.C. based or remote.
AFREF is committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of America defined broadly and where the talent, skills and uniqueness of each staff member are respected. We are committed to a policy of equity for all employees and to equal opportunity for all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, family responsibilities, and disability.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application via our candidate portal linked here, including a resume, cover letter and 2 writing samples.
456 total views, 0 today