Full-Time Design Lead (Geography)
Design Lead (Geography)
Reports to: Head of Geography
Location: West London – currently operating an agile working policy with one core day (Wednesday) in the office
Contract: FTC 5 months
Pattern: Full time (standard hours 9am – 5.30pm)
Closing date: 14/02/2024 at 10am
Interviews: Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
Full Time Salary: £40,000
About the role:
Geography Mastery Secondary is the newest Subject Excellence Programme within Ark Curriculum Plus (AC+). This comprehensive programme of Key Stage 3 curriculum, assessment and professional development materials was launched nationally in September 2023, and our user base is rapidly growing. This is an exciting time for Geography Mastery as we expand the programme and continue to iterate the materials using the most up-to-date research and teacher feedback.
The role of the Design Lead (Geography) is to contribute to the research, development and iterative improvement of the Geography Mastery curriculum and PD programmes.
Reporting to the Head of Geography and working closely with the Principal Design Lead for Geography Mastery, the Geography Design Lead will play a significant role in content creation and content management within the Geography Mastery programme.
The Geography Design Lead will engage fully with the continual improvement mechanisms established with Ark Schools and our wider partnership of schools.
- Create and revise curriculum, teaching content and professional development materials and teaching ideas
- Implement a rigorous and effective content review process and ensure that quality standards are maintained
- Follow the organisation’s content management process including content creation, approval, version control, publication, storage and archiving
- Keep abreast of sector and subject developments, legislative changes, research findings and innovative practice on a national and international level and ensure this informs programme design
- Support and contribute to the programme’s external profile through building relationships and networks within the relevant education community
- Understand and keep abreast of educational and market research and use this to inform the creation of new curriculum materials
- Educated to degree level, with a Geography or related degree
- Qualified to teach in the UK and qualified to degree level
- Understanding of the education landscape and issues affecting education
- At least two years’ teaching experience across at least two key stages
- A proven record in delivering outstanding achievement in Geography, particularly for pupils with low prior attainment in challenging urban schools
- Up-to-date knowledge and use of the current curriculum and assessment requirements and best practice in implementation and delivery of professional development
- Team worker, with demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Good track record of building strong relationships
View the full job description and person specification here
About Ark Curriculum Plus
Ark Curriculum Plus is a not-for-profit education venture. Our mission is to empower teachers to give every young person, regardless of their background, the subject knowledge and skills that will allow them to succeed.
Grown out of Ark Schools Multi Academy Trust, Ark Curriculum Plus (AC+) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to supporting teachers in providing consistent, high-quality education, that raises attainment across the school.
We are a team of highly skilled education professionals who have worked with our schools to design and trial curriculum, lesson design and training in the development of our AC+ subject excellence programmes.
We know that to achieve powerful teaching that changes lives, teachers need to have strong subject knowledge, the best evidence-based subject pedagogies, rigorous assessment and effective planning, all working together.
That’s why we developed the AC+ Subject Excellence Programmes that follow a 5-Step Improvement Process, based on over a decade’s experience of transforming subject results in one of the most respected MATs. Our programmes are now used by over 1000 schools in the UK, including the 39 schools in the Ark network.
We are proud of the impact we have had and are having in the schools we partner with. The Education Endowment Foundation found students using Mathematics Mastery Primary made 2 months additional progress.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working, with currently one day a week in our state-of-the-art office in West London working alongside colleagues
- Regular social events, monthly free breakfast, and daily fruit in the office
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Wednesday 14th February 2024 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply This ATS application form should take no longer 20 minutes to complete. At any time, you can pause, save, and log back in. If you have any difficulty with meeting the deadline for application, please contact email@example.com Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
82 total views, 0 today