Full-Time Data Scientist
We’re seeking a Data Scientist for our venture backed enterprise SaaS startup. Claira is a competency analytics engine that helps organizations understand their talent and hire better. We recently closed our second round of venture capital financing and are growing quickly.
The role of a Lead Data Scientist at Claira is one that participates in creating and driving the technical and product vision for the company. The role will start by getting hands dirty to build out the core IP of the company, and will quickly evolve to lead the Data Science, Analytics, and ML function/team within Claira as our success drives growth. This includes the opportunity to choose a coding language, stack, and set the culture for DS/analytics at the company. The role also evangelizes the product at conferences, functions and webinars, while continuously keeping up to date on leading trends in the Data Science, Analytics, and ML space. The role will champion the fight against bias in data, and ultimately in the field of HR, talent and hiring. This role provides critical support to the engineering, sales, and product teams.
The ideal candidate possess the following technical competencies:
- Software development background in order to prototype custom analytics/tooling
- Capable of applying the latest technologies and methodologies in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics to correlate disparate datasets and events, and derive value
- Architect and work closely with other team members to develop scalable cloud-based data analytic solutions
- Has working knowledge of multiple programming languages and statistical packages, as well as knowledge of dataset tools and Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) tools.
- Experience in real time, streaming and/or batch analytics
- Redshift and native AWS experience preferred; working with data in S3 buckets
- Experience with relational databases and ETL processes in and out of those databases
- Interfacing with graph databases
- Find, identify, interpret, collect and process valuable/rich structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of data/information to discover and articulate trends and patterns; correlating data to find actionable results
- Manage large amounts of data despite hardware, software, and bandwidth constraints
- Create visualizations to aid in understanding data
Non Technical Competencies:
- Passion for learning new technology and evangelizing to others
- Critical thinker, with a proven ability to learn quickly, that is comfortable supporting collaborative problem solving in a team environment
- Has strong writing and communication skills
- Draft white papers, technical documentation, and reports/presentations for business uses
- Manage intellectual property rights
- Mentor individuals and lead teams
- Accountability and personal organization are essential
The most important competency is the ability to learn quickly in a fast paced startup environment. The position reports to the COO. This position is remote, but you must be located in the United States. Salary is commensurate with competency level, $150 – 200k.
How to ApplyApply: https://forms.monday.com/forms/d258633c1aff84b585dda54a2e68c6fc?r=use1
394 total views, 0 today