Full-Time Data and Knowledge Coordinator
Data & Knowledge Coordinator
Movement Voter Project (MVP) is a best-in-class advising platform connecting progressive donors to the most effective and promising grassroots organizations in the country working at the intersection of movements, community organizing, and elections. We aim to increase investment in frontline organizations led by the most impacted communities to increase turnout among the progressive base, build long-term political power, and ultimately to transform our country at the local, state, and national levels. In the 2020 cycle, MVP successfully moved over $120 million to over 600 local groups across the country, focused in the most critical states.
We are organizers, and the heart of our work is organizing donors through MVP to support local groups in order to build, sustain, and amplify their impact. We work in service of local groups, and we try to be aware at all times of the power dynamics of being a funder and to be careful about incentivizing actions that could alter an organization’s own priorities; we work hard not to impose on our partners. We are also striving to continuously scrutinize and dismantle the ways we manifest and reproduce white supremacy culture both internally and externally.
We focus on building from our assets, and taking a positive approach to growth and change that helps groups and donors to feel comfortable being vulnerable about their areas of improvement. We believe in a non-competitive, non-divisive, whole ecosystem approach; we are always seeking opportunities to support and encourage collaboration among groups and donors.
This position will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the ~60 person (and growing!) team at MVP understands and makes the best use of our technology products, tools, and data systems. You will act as the primary steward of MVP’s knowledge management system, and collaborate with team members across the organization to document work processes and systems in a central knowledge base. You will lead trainings and offer 1:1 support. You will help make sure the data in our systems is well-maintained. You will analyze data to answer questions from team members. You will also participate in the planning and implementation of improvements to MVP’s technology products and systems.
This position lives within the Product & Technology team, which is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining technology products and systems across the organization and helping people use them with ease and delight. You will report to the Director of Product & Technology and work closely with the Deputy Director of Product & Technology.
- Knowledge management
- Lead on crafting documentation around proper use of and access to internal data systems and tech tools maintained by the Product & Technology team.
- Help staff from other teams at MVP document their processes and transfer existing documentation into the central knowledge base.
- Regularly review documentation and reach out to relevant MVP team members to ensure it stays up to date.
- Trainings and support
- Work with the Deputy Director of Product & Technology to create and lead group trainings and training videos that help the MVP team effectively use tech products, systems, and data, following best practices.
- Offer 1:1 support to team members who encounter difficulties or have questions.
- Quickly develop expertise in the tools and systems used at MVP, in order to be able to offer effective training and support.
- Support with onboarding/offboarding of new/departing staff around access to and use of data systems and tools.
- Surface user feedback to the Product & Technology team that is gathered in the course of training and support sessions.
- Data integrity
- Support the Deputy Director of Product & Technology with ongoing data hygiene procedures related to MVP grantee, grantmaking and other data stored in Airtable databases.
- Assist with other Product & Technology Team data entry, review, and cleanup projects.
- Participate in discussions and planning around ways to improve data management and data hygiene practices across the organization.
- Support other work of the Product & Technology team
- Search for and analyze data from our systems to answer questions from team members, provide metrics about our work, and surface new insights.
- Participate in the planning and rollout of improvements to MVP’s technology systems and products.
- Help monitor and maintain the digital security of our data and systems.
- Generally support the work of the team as-needed.
- 2-5 years experience working with large data sets using spreadsheets or database software.
- 2-5 years experience teaching others how to do new things patiently and with clarity.
- Ability to distill complex processes into clearly-written, easy-to-follow explanations.
- Close attention to detail around data entry and data system hygiene.
- Ability to quickly achieve proficiency with new procedures, systems, and software tools.
- Commitment to racial equity and inclusion.
- Experience working collaboratively with team members of different cultural backgrounds and identities.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and shifting priorities in a fast-paced remote workplace.
Most great candidates will still not have everything on this list – that’s OK! If this job posting piques your interest, we encourage you to apply!
- Experience working with or managing a knowledge base using software like Intercom, Zendesk, or Hubspot.
- Familiarity with database software, particularly Airtable or Salesforce.
- Experience working with Tableau or similar Business Intelligence data platforms.
- Familiarity with no-code platforms like Zapier.
- User research, engineering, or product design experience.
- Work and/or volunteer experience with Progressive organizations or causes.
Tools we use at MVP (training opportunities available for each platform): Airtable, Google Workspace Enterprise, Zoom, Github, Bloomerang CRM, Salesforce, Clickup, Zapier, WordPress, Google Workspace Enterprise, Civis Platform, 1Password, Loom, Mobilize, ActBlue, Slack, Calendly, Miro.
Compensation: This is a full-time, salaried position with a base salary range of $50,000 – $75,000, commensurate with skills and experience, with generous benefits including employer-paid medical and optional dental and vision insurance, basic life insurance, 401(k), regular work-from-home and wellness stipends, and four weeks of paid vacation, plus holidays.
Location: Fully remote, with opportunities for optional travel for internal team meetings (1-4 times annually).
Report to: Director of Product & Technology
Movement Voter Project isn’t just an equal opportunity employer, we’re actively seeking to build a diverse and inclusive team with a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills to support the incredible diversity of grassroots organizing across the country. MVP does not discriminate based upon race/ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a veteran, status as an individual with a disability, and any other characteristics.
How to Applyhttps://glymph-consulting.breezy.hr/p/f7e20b0b0d62-mvp-data-knowledge-coordinator
177 total views, 1 today