Full-Time Cyber Security Analyst
Cyber Security Analyst
Reports to: IT Infrastructure Manager
Location: Within London, Portsmouth, Hastings, and Birmingham
Pattern: Full Time
Closing date: 12/02/2024 at 10am
Interviews: Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
Start Date: ASAP
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to join our IT Infrastructure team. The Cyber Security Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the security of our information systems, networks, and data, as well as identifying and responding to potential security threats. The Cyber Security Analyst will report directly to the IT Infrastructure Manager and work closely with the IT Teams and Ark’s service partners to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of our digital assets.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a lasting and positive impact on Ark’s support of IT across its network. The Cyber Security Analyst will be working with an innovative and forward-thinking Head of IT and Systems and a tightly integrated IT and Systems team, with an opportunity to contribute to the delivery of a new Ark IT Strategy.
- Monitor updates for all major systems used within the Ark estate for security vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with other teams, to ensure security is integrated into all aspects of the organisation’s systems and processes
- Conduct regular security awareness training to educate both technical and nontechnical staff on best practices for information security
- Ensure that any major change or updates to systems are submitted to CAB prior to implementation
- Liaise with the IT Infrastructure Teams, Service Delivery Managers, Team Leaders, and Technicians to resolve security concerns
- Monitor tools such as Sophos, Malwarebytes and Risky Users and any other cyber related dashboard for issues and escalate accordingly
- Assess the output of vulnerability scans and address all medium, high and critical alerts with the help of the Infrastructure Team and service partners
- Develop and implement security policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure the protection of our information systems, networks, and data
- Broad experience, ideally gained within the education sector, of technical delivery, including; infrastructure, networking, perimeter security, monitoring/operating/database systems and threat detection
- Evidence of an understanding of current technologies within the education sector, with a keen interest in further developing their skills in accordance with evolving trends
- Exceptional judgement and decision-making skills when resolving challenging issues; knowing when to appropriately sign post and escalate
- Strong research and organisational skills, to produce professional written reports and/or material for presentations
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- The drive and ability to motivate, guide and mentor team members in technical delivery
- Own and lead on technical projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within the larger organisational initiative
View the full job description and person specification here
We’re an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we’re a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we’re recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country. We want to change the lives of children everywhere, not just in our own schools. So, we create and incubate Ventures designed not only to help pupils in Ark schools, but also to improve education systems.
You’ll be joining a group of like-minded, ambitious individuals who work collaboratively and are all committed to our core mission, that every child has the potential to succeed. Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, we are shaping our goals for the next 20 and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Monday 12th February 2024 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply This ATS application form should take no longer 20 minutes to complete. At any time, you can pause, save, and log back in. If you have any difficulty with meeting the deadline for application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
60 total views, 0 today