Full-Time Custodian – Salem Campus
Custodian – Salem Campus
Salary Range: $2,823 – $3,265 per month
Open Until Filled
Do you have experience operating equipment to perform custodial duties in a large facility? If so, please check out the following opportunity at the Oregon State Hospital at the Salem, Oregon campus.
What you will do!
The Environmental Services Department of Oregon State Hospital provides the hospital with a clean, healthy and therapeutic environment for the patients and staff by meeting Joint Commission of Accreditation on Hospital Organization and Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services cleanliness standards. The Environmental Services Department cleans the treatment malls, food service, clinical support areas, offices and common areas. The Environmental Services Department impacts and effects all other departments and programs at the hospital.
Please note that if you apply for this posting, Oregon State Hospital is a 24 hour, 7 days a week facility. If you are offered a position the shift could be a day, swing, night or weekend shift based upon the facility’s needs at that time.
What’s in it for you?
- A position where your input and contributions impact the citizens of Oregon
- 8 hours of vacation leave and 8 hours of sick leave per month
- Nearly unbeatable medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Pension and retirement programs
- 10% differential for all custodian at Oregon State Hospital, possible shift differentials may also be available
- Hiring Bonus: This position is offering a one-time hiring bonus of upto $$2089.80 to the successful Custodian candidate. To be eligible for this one-time hiring bonus, the successful candidate must be new to state service or promoted into a permanent position. The amount of the bonus payment and the dates paid will be stated in the offer letter and bonus payment(s) will be made no later than September 27, 2022.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have custodial experience (minimum of six months) that included operating equipment needed to perform custodial duties
- Must be able to push/pull heavy custodial equipment (and lift up to 50 pounds), crouch, stoop, bend, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time (90% of work shift)
- Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
- Utilize effective custodial organization skills
- Knowledge and skill in operating commercial custodial equipment such as Auto scrubber, carpet extractor, high and low speed buffers, no touch cleaning systems and various types of commercial vacuums
- Effectively use technology and training to enhance performance and productivity
- Knowledge of proper use and dilution ratios of caustic cleaning chemical solutions
How to ApplyHow to apply: Complete the online application at oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-106001
808 total views, 0 today