Full-Time Court Assistant II – District Court
Great Place to Work
Our Judicial Operations team is currently looking for a Court Assistant II to join a dynamic and innovative group of team members working in a Court Assistant classification.
Here in District Court, we strongly believe in the value and the power of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to making them central to our mission and vision as we serve our community and each other.
We celebrate diversity because it brings innovation and offers unique perspectives and learning opportunities.
We are intentional with advancing equity, because it allows all of us to achieve great things while honoring individual uniqueness.
We champion inclusion, because when we belong, we are free to be our genuine best selves and build meaningful partnerships.
Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
What’s in it for You?
At District Court, we carry out our mission of serving the people of Clark County with commitment to excellence. We are passionate about creating an inclusive work culture that celebrates and promotes diversity and belonging. Find your calling with us!
• Our employees participate in various internal focus groups and workshops dedicated to process improvement and innovation. This gives us a voice in how we accomplish great things in service to our community.
• We also celebrate our achievements and create happy moments because we value personal wellbeing. Having fun matters!
• Our workforce leads a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Employee Council. This gives us opportunities and empowers us to leave a mark in the world in specific and profound ways.
• We are an eligible employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. To learn more about this program, and how to qualify, please visit here.
• We provide additional compensation for employees required by their positions to use a second language during their responsibilities. Employees certified to provide bilingual services receive an additional pay premium of fifty dollars ($50.00) per pay period.
• We offer a hybrid remote work schedule upon completing fifty percent of the probationary period (currently with up to two remote days per week).
By joining our team, you will get an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of court processes.
This position is represented by Local 11 – OPEIU (Office and Professional Employees International Union, AFL-CIO).
First review of candidates will be December 15. This recruitment may close at any time on or after the first review date.
Who We are Looking For:
You are a detail-oriented person with a strong motivation to learn new processes, and a passion for advancing social justice in our community.
You share our values of integrity, ethics, and innovation;
You are familiar with legal terminology and court processes;
You lean on your team for support and offer your support in return;
You pride yourself in the ability to listen and to ask follow-up questions;
You are skilled in preparing professional quality work products.
- Two years of business office work experience is required; experience in a legal field office setting and knowledge of the court processes are highly desirable.
- 45 credit hours of post-high school education in studies related to the work of class may be substituted for one year of required experience.
Success in this position requires:
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment and follow, understand, and apply prescribed procedures, policies, laws, and regulations to the legal processing activities of the Court systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with management and peers, as well as the public served by the department.
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient technological skills in computer programs and applications.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Resume and other documents must be attached together in the ‘Resume Upload’ section of the application. Multiple files are allowed, but all applicant attachments must be uploaded simultaneously, as there is no way to edit or append uploaded materials after submitting the application.
Application Review (Pass/ Fail) – An online application is required. Attaching a resume does not substitute for a completed application; incomplete applications will not pass the application review. Candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process.
Practical Exam (Pass/Fail) – This recruitment may require a practical exam which will be job related and may include, but not limited to, the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. Candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to participate in the remainder of the selection process.
Oral Interview – The interview will be job related and may include, not limited to, the qualifications outlined in the job announcement. Top candidate(s) will continue in the process.
Employment references will be conducted for the final candidates and may include verification of education.
Examples of Duties
As a Court Assistant II, your typical daily responsibilities will be to:
- Process case filings that come from various law enforcement, prosecuting authority agencies, and from the members of the public;
- Provide information to the public, co-workers, and outside agencies concerning case or court process-related information;
- Participate in daily team assignments in support of Court’s operations;
- Maintain multiple data and case management systems;
- Assist in training of other assigned staff;
- Actively advance District Court’s mission and vision by promoting the culture of learning, innovation, inclusion, and respect.
$23.20 – $30.16- per hour
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line (applications on external sites are not monitored), please visit our website at:
137 total views, 0 today