Full-Time Counsel – Investment Management
This position will support and advise BNY Mellon’s affiliated UK investment management firms and their related, international business. These include Newton Investment Management, Walter Scott & Partners and BNY Mellon Investment Management EMEA. This lawyer will be part of the institutional investment management legal team (currently consisting of 10 lawyers in the UK, 7 lawyers and 2 paralegals in the US, 1 lawyer in Brazil and 2 administrative assistants), which forms part of the broader BNY Mellon legal department. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of laws and regulations in the field of investment management and practical expertise of regulated funds and/or negotiating investment contracts as well as broader regulatory and/or investment management experience. Candidates with more general financial services and corporate experience may also be considered.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day legal support to the commercial teams within the investment management firms responsible for managing funds and client portfolios.
- Advise on varied and potentially complex legal and regulatory matters relating to distribution and provision of investment management services.
- Negotiate and draft investment management agreements with clients including, among others, sovereign wealth and government-related-entities, occupational pension schemes, UCITS management companies and alternative investment fund managers.
- Work with Compliance teams in interpreting and applying UK FCA rules, as well as international regulations, to the business; and in creating the investment firms’ policies and procedures.
- Support for the Legal Department on key initiatives. This will at times include coordinating with global colleagues and other stakeholders on time sensitive matters.
- Lead in providing proactive and pragmatic advice and guidance in the development of new product/service initiatives.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister currently licensed to practice in England and Wales.
- Ideally 1-5 years of relevant experience gained from a leading law firm / in-house.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate proactively with business colleagues and deliver clear, succinct advice.
- Sound knowledge of FSMA and the FCA Handbook
- Ability to solve problems and find solutions
- Ability to identify and manage legal risks
- Positive, commercial and flexible attitude
- Good drafting and negotiating skills
- Enthusiastic, with a desire to develop one’s career in one of the world’s largest investment management businesses.
Primary Location: Edinburgh or Manchester
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=bnymellon.com&query=24977&pid=12723122
98 total views, 0 today