Full-Time COORDINATOR, SPANISH COMMUNITY
Please apply directly to the DPS website from a laptop/computer:
Office of COS
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $51,940 – $60,235
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Provides multicultural and multilingual communication and outreach support to schools and departments to build stronger links with parents and the community. Helps schools and departments develop culturally and linguistically effective communication plans for projects and initiatives targeting non-English speakers. Promotes programs, services, and school activities and assists the District with constituent management.
– Publishes linguistically and culturally effective external newsletters promoting parent engagement, FACE programs and resource and District initiatives and priorities.
– Build positive partnerships and conduct multicultural community outreach and engagement on behalf of FACE in collaboration with district departments, schools and community.
– Plans and staffs community events; hosts informational booths and facilitates workshops at churches, consular offices, refugee-serving agencies, grocery stores, community events, and homes.
– Interprets and translates for Spanish-speaking families.
– Collaborates with and supports as liaison to immigrant groups, faith-based organizations, refugee-serving agencies, community organizations, other non-profits, required committees or councils ie the Latino Education Advisory Council (LEAC) or MLE DAC to inform parents about DPS and FACE programs and services and increase parent involvement and engagement.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Minimum five (5) years of experience in Community Engagement or Family Engagement.
– Minimum four (4) years of experience doing outreach to Spanish-speaking communities.
– Background working in a K-12 education system is preferred.
– Must have a valid Colorado driver’s license, meet the District’s insurability requirements, and have an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– Proficiency with office tech products, including Google Suite, Adobe, Gmail and other relevant products.
– Effective time management and organizational skills.
– Effective verbal and written communication skills.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Effectively handles multiple demands and competing deadlines under minimal supervision.
– Self-starter who is highly motivated and can work independently once given direction.
– Works collaboratively with others on a team.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Demonstrated ability in building relationships with Spanish-speaking families and communities.
– Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
– Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
– Bachelor’s or relevant work experience preferred.
– Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
– Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
– Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
– Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly to the DPS website from a laptop/computer: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=G9U
33 total views, 1 today