Full-Time Coordinator, My School Votes
Civic Nation seeks a Coordinator to support When We All Vote’s (WWAV) My School Votes’ (MSV) student community. This candidate will play an integral role in our growing team and program by performing a host of duties related to engaging students, growing our network, and supporting schools in voter registration and turnout activities. The Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of My School Votes. This is a remote, short-term position that ends Monday, December 2nd, 2024.
ABOUT MY SCHOOL VOTES
My School Votes (MSV) is a program of When We All Vote that builds student-led voter registration clubs in high schools across the country. My School Votes ensures high school students are registered and ready to vote in every election by building civic engagement into school culture. Students learn how to organize, build campaigns around issues they care about, and register their school’s entire student body. In this process, My School Votes is developing the next generation of leaders.
ABOUT WHEN WE ALL VOTE
When We All Vote is a leading national, nonpartisan initiative on a mission to change the culture around voting, increase participation in each and every election, and close the race and age voting gap. Created by Michelle Obama, When We All Vote brings together individuals, institutions, brands, and organizations to register new voters across the country and advance civic education for the entire family and voters of every age to build an informed and engaged electorate for today and generations to come. When We All Vote empowers supporters and volunteers to take action through voting, advocating for their rights, and holding their elected officials accountable.
ABOUT CIVIC NATION
Civic Nation is a nonprofit ecosystem for high-impact organizing and education initiatives working to build a more inclusive and equitable America. Civic Nation shifts culture, systems, and policy by bringing together individuals, grassroots organizers, industry leaders and influencers to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing social challenges. Civic Nation is home to seven national initiatives and campaigns: ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, Change Collective, It’s On Us, Online for All, SAVE On Student Debt, We The Action, and When We All Vote.
- Support outreach to help grow the network of MSV high schools, educators, and student ambassadors in key states
- Support the Senior Director and MSV Team in building the program’s infrastructure and managing day-to-day operations of the Ambassador program
- Support the Director of Student Engagement & Director of Educator Engagement in their roles by facilitating meetings and maintaining relationships with students and educators
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry of MSV activities in systems of record, in coordination with the Data & Technology team
- Create and coordinate with partners on voter registration portals, trackable links, social media toolkits, and other materials/resources for schools and Ambassadors
- Support follow up correspondence and onboarding process of new My School Votes educators and student Ambassadors.
- Work on special projects that require research and/or data acquisition to support MSV programmatic efforts in coordination with the Data & Technology Team
- Draft and edit documents and presentations at the request of WWAV leadership
- Support MSV team members on MSV priorities as needed
- 1+ years of experience as an educator, organizer, or in a capacity that works with high school students
- Experience working with diverse communities and individuals
- Track record of excellent results, innovation, and adaptability
- Building and managing communities through virtual mediums
- Experience with data entry and spreadsheet management
- Experience with social media and software applications for communication
- Excellent people skills, communication, and critical thinking
- A strong commitment to When We All Vote’s mission
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively and creatively
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while also consistently meeting goals
- Ability to write clearly, speak persuasively, and build strong relationships
- Ability to tell a persuasive story and build community with young people
- Flexible and open in responding to changing work priorities
- Ready to bring out compassion, creativity, and critical thinking in student leaders
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
SALARY & BENEFITS
The Washington, DC-based salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000 (will be adjusted for cost of labor for the incumbent’s work location) annually, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees, flexible paid time off, paid family & medical leave, access to a 401k plan, and more.
Candidates can expect the following hiring process and timeline (please note that this timeline may be subject to change):
- February 19 – February 23: First-Round Interviews: Introductory Call
- February 26 – February 29 Second-Round Interviews: Leadership & Assessment
- March 4 – 5: Final Interviews
- Week of March 4: Hiring decision announced
All candidates will be notified via email of the status of their application on or before the completion of the search.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume through our Careers page. The cover letter, addressed to Amanda Hollowell, should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
68 total views, 0 today