Full-Time Contract Billing Clerk
WELCOME TO YOUR CENTER!
Established as a community non-profit in 1972, The Center provides targeted programs and services to the full diversity of the San Diego LGBTQ community. The mission of The Center is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, nonbinary, immigrant, and HIV communities for the betterment of our entire San Diego region. Our vision is to create a Center and Center culture where every person feels and knows that they are welcomed, valued, and supported. As the beacon for our regional LGBTQ community, we actively recommit to being a more vibrant, bold, innovative, safe, and modern center each day than the day before. The Center is sex-positive and provides advocacy and critical health and social support services to support our community members through all stages of life, focusing on our deeply held values of equity, social justice, and client-centered, trauma-informed care. The Center currently has over 75 staff working at five facilities across San Diego County.
As of April 1, 2023, the Center has relaxed its COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employment. New employees are encouraged but not required to be vaccinated. The Centre reserves the right to amend this requirement based on health concerns and/or governmental recommendations to protect the well-being of our community. If this requirement changes, employees will have 30 days to comply.
Under the direction of the Senior Contracts Administrator, the Contract Billing Clerk is responsible for supporting the core functions of the finance department as relates to contract revenue and billing. This includes assisting with the full cycle administration of our agency contracts, starting with the development of budgets for proposals to be submitted to funders identified by the Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) to monitor budgets, submitting claims, monitoring compliance, and closing out contracts once they have terminated.
OBJECTIVE OF THIS ROLE
This position plays a vital role in the finance department by supporting our contract billing team invoice agency-funded contracts, thus supporting the financial health and sustainability of the organization.
CONNECTION TO THE STRATEGIC PLAN
Expanding the finance team by adding a Contact Billing Clerk will help achieve Goal Eight, Outcome Six, which states the finance department will meet all due dates to meet our fiscal responsibilities.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in creating budgets for submission with proposals for funding from agencies.
- Revises budgets as needed and coordinates with the appropriate staff members regarding revisions.
- Performs quality control tasks, including tracking budget to actual activity and communicating results to various stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with other accounting team members to ensure approved budgets and budget modifications are properly reflected in all other accounting cycles.
Contract Billing & Accounts Receivable
- Gathers all support needed for contract billing.
- Monitors timely submission of sub-recipient invoices.
- Review sub-recipient invoices for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable funding agency rules and regulations.
- Submits contract claims (billings) and responds to any funder follow-up questions.
- Track payments received on claims.
Reporting, Audit, & Compliance
- Maintains proper documentation and follows appropriate document retention policies to ensure the finance department is audit-ready at all times.
- Assists with all aspects of funding agency performance evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Assists with all aspects of The Center’s annual corporate audit (including Single Audit), Youth Housing Program audit, and 401k audit.
- Assists with the internal audit of agency-funded contracts to close them out when they have been terminated.
- Assists with insurance renewals and distribution of COIs to funders.
- Works to ensure The Center maintains compliance with all rules and regulations set forth by each funding agency as well as The Center’s internal policies and procedures.
- Assists with planning meetings for all new contracts and debriefing meetings for all contracts that have been closed out.
- Maintains good relations with funding agency representatives, which includes providing timely responses to inquiries and meeting all deadlines set forth by funding agencies.
- Cross train on all accounting functions.
- Participate in certain Center events requiring the handling of cash for our signature events.
- 1 years’ experience related to accounting or office administration.
- A certificate or associate degree in accounting; or bachelor’s degree in accounting or other transferable skills.
- Professional Skills:
- Ability to interact with various types of staff.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Comfortable making connections through email, teams, and phone calls.
- Ability to track and report on goals.
- Personal Skills:
- Friendly and personable.
- Comfortable speaking about accounting policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with the LGBTQ+ communities and the work of The Center.
- Technology Skills: Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Language Skills: Fluency in English.
- Education/Experience: 2 – 3 years experience related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue contributions, or a combination of these.
- Technology Skills: Advanced skills in MS Office Suite. Particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word. Familiarity with accounting software Financial Edge NXT.
- Language Skills: Fluency in Spanish is highly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation: The pay range for this position is $20.00 – $23.00 per hour and is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Regular, Non-Exempt
- Benefits: The CENTER offers a robust benefits package, inclusive of Competitive Pay Scales, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with company match), Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic Health Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Optional Coverage for Spouses, Domestic Partners, and Dependent Children, Group Term Life Insurance, Full-time and Part-Time Schedules, Generous Vacation, and Holiday Benefits, Professional Training & Development Experiences, Opportunities for Promotion & Advancement
Please review the current job openings by clicking the button below. If you believe you possess the heart and skills for any of these (or any other) exciting job opportunities, we encourage you to apply. Instructions for how to apply are included in each job announcement. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website.
153 total views, 0 today