Temporary Cloud Logging and Monitoring Security Specialist
Job Type: Contract
Contract length: 06 Months
- This position will be part of the threat operations and security monitoring team.
- They will have primary responsibility for working with cloud support teams, cybersecurity incident responders, threat hunters and security architects to design, implement, and support logging, monitoring, and alerting across multiple cloud platforms.
- The analyst will be working with administrators of the SIEM to produce data sets and alert for each cloud tenant they support.
- These alerts will be actioned by the SOC and CSIRT teams.
- Participates in design, implementation, of logging and monitoring processes across various cloud environments.
- Responsible for the end-to-end completion of security requests.
- Tracks and documents security issues and requests, actively monitors work queue.
- Accountable for follow-up of all security work requests including collaborating with other IT areas to ensure timely completion/resolution and obtainment of appropriate approval levels.
- Works closely with business areas and IT partners on troubleshooting, pre-implementation activities and to assess application security.
- Maintains and creates operational procedures.
- Performs system monitoring activities, identification and evaluation of security threats, breaches and vulnerabilities.
- Acts as lead liaison for internal and external audit requests and activities. Leads remedial activities as the result of audit findings.
- Defines scope of operational initiatives and adjusts priorities to support workload.
- Provides subject matter expertise, leadership and guidance to work teams and end users on security policies, standards and procedures and processes.
- Investigates business processes to understand and implement security requirements weighing business needs and security risks and resolving issues.
- Researches solutions works with vendors to enhance Security Monitoring Program.
- Develops training content as needed.
- In-depth knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Must demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Must have an understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Must have advanced security knowledge of the organization’s existing platforms, systems, databases, and application security and are able to handle most regular issues independently.
- Advanced analytical thinking, problem solving, quantitative analysis ability.
- Must have an advanced understanding of Information Security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Must have advanced proficiency with Active Directory groups and user accounts, Windows folder structures and folder security.
- Proficiency with Windows skills are required, e.g., Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Any proficiency with database security and tools used to administer security within the various databases, e.g., UDB, DB2, SQL and Oracle is a plus
- Any Guardium experience a plus.
- Works without daily supervision to meet customer expectations
- Experience using Agile methodology specific tools, languages and specialty skills may vary
- 5+ years overall IT experience, specifically within Information Security
- 3 years of related work experience working with Cloud technologies (Oracle, AWS, Azure, Google)
- Related Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or relevant work experience
- Related industry certifications
How to ApplyFor immediate consideration, please send your resume directly to Lory Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can view all of our open positions at www.hornetstaffing.com
274 total views, 0 today