Full-Time Clearance Supervisor, Rights and Deliverables
Title: Clearance Supervisor, Rights and Deliverables
Department: Rights and Deliverables
Direct Supervisor: Director(s) of Rights and Deliverables
General Summary: This position serves to support the Production and Post-Production Departments. The Clearance Supervisor of Rights and Deliverables is responsible for providing clearance notes for assigned series to offline and online personnel to help ensure episodes air without potential lawsuits and meet Network requirements. The Clearance Supervisor also completes and organizes deliverables for final payment from the network.
- Collaboratively works with Production, Post, Online and Legal to ensure that compliance with internal Rights and Deliverables as well as network procedures and standards are met (applicable to elements such as appearances, locations, stock and archival footage, artwork, songs, profanity, blurs, legal issues, etc.).
- Reviews Cuts (rough, fine, picture lock, locked cut), promo material, digital material and any other supplemental material to ensure compliance.
- Creates clearance notes, blur lists and beeps lists.
- Tracks missing/outstanding releases for individual episodes.
- Corresponds with production teams, post and online departments, legal department, and network.
- Sends show-specific legal counsel inquiries regarding questionable content.
- Creates credit lists and seeks approval from various departments.
- Organizes deliverables and uploads documents to network portals by deadline, including network specific logs such as appearance/location release logs and acquired footage grids.
- Pulls and clears production stills and delivers them to the network.
- Assists other members of the department with overflow as needed.
- Archives department deliverables to online server folders.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Requires heavy correspondence with office and field producers, post and online departments, legal department and some network personnel.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment where show schedules change often.
- Must be able to work closely both with Director(s) of Rights and Deliverables and other Clearance Supervisors, and also independently.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of clearance experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must be comfortable with online Google documents and Box organizational systems.
- Must be comfortable with the Macintosh Operating Systems.
- Appropriately handle stress, respond to time-sensitive deadlines, and maintain overall composure despite conflicting priorities and changing needs.
- Sedentary role that may involve the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Able to engage in light lifting of no more than 10-20 pounds unassisted.
- Able to closely and visually review small details on monitors or screens for the duration of their shift.
- The Clearance Supervisor works in a very busy environment and in constant contact with the other Clearance Supervisors and the Director(s) of Rights and Deliverables.
- This position requires no travel.
- This position does not require the use of a company or personal vehicle for work related tasks.
How to ApplyPlease send an email, resume, and cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for this job.
1150 total views, 1 today