Temporary Childcare Program Coordinator
The City of Worcester seeks qualified candidates for a Childcare Program Coordinator (Programming Lead) for the Youth Opportunities Office within the Department of Health and Human Services. Under the direction of the Program Coordinator, the position will work within the Worcester Cares 4 Kids (WC4K) Babysitting program to supervise the virtual WC4K programming, curriculum, and staff including professional development. The employee will communicate with families about virtual WC4K programming, schedule and oversee coordination and implementation of virtual programming, and coordinate with the Youth Opportunities staff to support partnering community organizations to provide enrichment to the virtual program.
- Facilitate a positive and supportive environment to encourage youth engagement during all the virtual trainings
- Host virtual youth group and facilitate discussions around Worcester Cares 4 Kids Babysitting program curriculum
- Deliver existing curriculum content in virtual presentations
- Work with Assistant Site Coordinator to oversee, manage, and deliver all aspects of the virtual babysitting program
- Interact and liaison with participants, parents or guardians , community partners, and youth in achieving program objectives
- Provide assistance to families with connecting them with resources if necessary.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills including the ability to think clearly and logically
- Strong desire and ability to support and supervise youth participants
- Experience with program management of OST (out of school time) activities
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse populations, organizations, and interests
- Ability to work collaboratively with community partners and families; to work with students with special educational or emotional needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; to be flexible, timely, and to multitask
- Ability to build relationships and networking skills with students, colleagues, and community members through video conferencing platforms
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to work up to twenty (20) hours per week.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in a clerical or administrative role
- Experience with staff or program participant supervision
- Experience working with children and families from diverse multi-cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
- Must pass a criminal background check (CORI & SORI)
- Six (6) months of experience working with children and families from diverse, multi-cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities
- Six (6) months of experience in a clerical or administrative role
- Six (6) months of experience with employee or program participant supervision
- Six (6) months of experience facilitating OST activities
- Experience working with Google Drive
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit: www.worcesterma.gov/employment or send resume and cover letter on or before FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2024, to: City of Worcester, 455 Main Street, Room 109, Worcester, MA 01608. Preference given to Worcester Residents. The City of Worcester is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Direct inquiries to: City Hall Human Resources, 508-799-1030, HR@Worcesterma.gov.
38 total views, 0 today