Full-Time Chief of Staff
Civic Nation seeks a Chief of Staff who will facilitate the work of the senior leadership team and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The ideal candidate is highly organized, collaborative, and possesses strong decision-making and leadership skills. The Chief of Staff must be passionate about Civic Nation’s mission and have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. In addition, the Chief of Staff will be able to quickly integrate themselves into the organization, assess barriers, and implement processes to maximize effectiveness. The Chief of Staff reports to the CEO, and also manages the Special Assistant, Executive Office, and the Board Liaison.
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE
The Executive Office is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for Civic Nation, promoting coordination across departments and teams, and ensuring that the organization has the necessary resources to achieve its goals.
ABOUT CIVIC NATION
Civic Nation is a nonprofit ecosystem for high-impact organizing and education initiatives working to build a more inclusive and equitable America. Civic Nation shifts culture, systems, and policy by bringing together individuals, grassroots organizers, industry leaders and influencers to tackle some of our nation’s most pressing social challenges. Civic Nation is home to seven national initiatives and campaigns: ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge, Change Collective, It’s On Us, Online for All, SAVE On Student Debt, We The Action, and When We All Vote.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to the CEO and the leadership team.
- Create, maintain, and strengthen cross-departmental relationships and communication to ensure leadership success.
- Collaborate with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) to maintain systems and processes to streamline operations across the organization.
- Develop agendas for and manage leadership and bi-weekly meetings of the full Civic Nation team.
- Project manage key leadership initiatives that require significant coordination across teams and departments, including timelines, budgets, deliverables, metrics, and debriefs.
- Support CEO in management of and engagement with the Board of Directors.
Act as liaison between CEO and leadership to ensure consistent communication, involvement, or decision-making at the proper time.
- Manage and direct the work of the Special Assistant Executive Office on the management of the CEO’s calendar and assist in prioritizing their time and schedule.
- Partner with the Senior Leadership Teams to ensure development of each team’s strategic plans and goals.
- Collaborate with the CEO in steering effective execution of the organization’s short-term and long-term goals.
- Partner with the People & Operations department to ensure an inclusive workplace culture.
- Other reasonable and related duties as assigned.
- Work closely with the Chief Impact & Operating Officer to ensure that initiatives are adequately resourced to successfully executive on their key objectives.
- Work closely with the CFO to ensure financial resources are allocated appropriately to initiatives in alignment with Civic Nation’s overarching budget.
- Manage the engagement of senior leadership in new initiatives; ensuring deadlines are met and outcomes achieved.
- Ensure that collaboration between initiative Executive Directors and the development team is smooth and support the completion of funding proposals, grant reports, and budgets.
- Participate with the CEO and senior management team in strategic planning, policy development, and decision-making.
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, systems, and processes for organizations.
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, patience, and flexibility
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills – a good listener who can be both empathetic and pragmatic
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity and healthy, positive organizational culture
- Highly organized and process-oriented
- A high degree of comfort with change and working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
SALARY & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $140,000 – $170,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Our comprehensive benefits plan includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees, flexible paid time off, paid family & medical leave, access to a 401k plan, and more.
There will be three rounds of interviews, to begin on a rolling basis after February 19, 2024.
All candidates will be notified via email of the status of their application on or before the completion of the search.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume through our Careers page. The cover letter, addressed to Kyle Lierman, should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for Civic Nation. Applications will remain open until filled.
At Civic Nation, diversity, equity, and inclusion are directly aligned with the fundamental belief that people are inherently capable but often lack opportunity. We know that a diverse workforce allows us to see problems in more nuanced ways, creating the thought leadership needed to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Civic Nation is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
70 total views, 0 today