Full-Time Chief Financial Officer
Girl Scouts of CT, the organization which works with girls to build courage, confidence, and character to make the world a better place, seeks a strategic, dynamic Chief Financial Officer (CFO). As a member of the senior leadership team, you will provide critical leadership, analysis and implementation of the strategic planning process, and help translate the vision of the CEO and the Council’s Board of Directors into effective operational plans and processes. Your other key duties include:
• managing staff and daily financial operations and strategy, including supervision of risk, operating and capital revenue and large, complex budgets and related processes
• budgetary, marketing and sales oversight of our retail operations
• continuous improvement efforts to improve controls and increase operational efficiencies
• execution of activities related to compliance, financial controls and risk management
• relationship development among banking partners, vendors, business and community members
• managing the council’s investments, including its endowment
You also possess most, if not all of these skills and experience: 7-10 years of experience managing the finances of a complex nonprofit organization with an operating budget of at least $10M; Bachelor’s degree (required), Master’s degree and CPA preferred; experience working on a senior executive team and interacting with a board of directors; experience managing audits and presenting audit results; strong negotiation and project management skills; and a commitment to diversity and the Girl Scouts’ mission. Your key competencies include:
• Financial knowledge/expertise, financial management, and accounting
• Contract management
• Risk management
• Scenario planning
We believe that our workplace should represent the diversity of the girls we serve — including people of color, people from a variety of economic backgrounds, women and LGBTQIA people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send your cover letter and resume to search firm United Personnel at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2019.
45 total views, 1 today