Full-Time Case Manager, Permanent Supportive Housing
WELCOME TO YOUR CENTER!
Established as a community non-profit in 1972, The Center provides targeted programs and services to the full diversity of the San Diego LGBTQ community. The mission of The Center is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, nonbinary, immigrant, and HIV communities for the betterment of our entire San Diego region. Our vision is to create a Center and Center culture where every person feels and knows that they are welcomed, valued, and supported. As the beacon for our regional LGBTQ community, we actively recommit to being a more vibrant, bold, innovative, safe, and modern center each day than the day before. The Center is sex-positive and provides advocacy and critical health and social support services to support our community members through all stages of life, focusing on our deeply held values of equity, social justice, and client-centered, trauma-informed care. The Center currently has over 75 staff working at five facilities across San Diego County.
As of 04/01/2023, the Center has relaxed its COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employment. New employees are encouraged but not required to be vaccinated. The Center reserves the right to amend this requirement based on health concerns and/or governmental recommendations to protect the well-being of our community. If this requirement changes, employees will have 30 days to comply.
The Case Manager is responsible for providing case planning, individualized supportive services, conducting assessments, organizing community building events, facilitating workshops, and crisis support to participants of The Center’s Sunburst Youth Housing Project. The case manager works collaboratively with a team in a trauma-informed, and goal-oriented way to help program participants who all live with disabilities achieve housing stability and self-sufficiency.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct intakes, assessments, and evaluations with
- Provide links to mental health services, substance abuse services, educational services, career development services, and other relevant
- Provide ongoing case management, crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and stabilization services to participants enrolled in the
- Collaborate with internal and external providers to support client care
- Assist clients with adherence to housing quality standards and attend housing unit
- Organize community building events and facilitate workshops that promote client well-being and self-sufficiency.
Record Management and Reporting:
- Complete individualized service plans and self-sufficiency
- Maintain accurate documentation of client’s goals and needs, case management plans, and service entries into internal data
- Enter program data and outcomes into the region’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) to adhere to grant and contract
- Document thorough case notes that accurately reflect client progress toward individualized case management goals.
- Assist the completion of monthly narrative reports for funder
- Education and/or Experience: 1 year of experience providing case management services to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of
- Language Skills: Fluency in English
- Computer/Office Equipment Skills: Must be comfortable working in PC/Windows-based environments. Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Other Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting
- Must demonstrate competence in working with diverse populations. Those with lived experience as a member of a historically under-served community (i.e., low-income, communities of color, LGBTQ communities, immigrant communities, etc.) are strongly encouraged to
- Must demonstrate competence in using strength-based, trauma-informed, and Motivational Interviewing Techniques.
- Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and auto
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a social service-related
- Language: Fluency in
- Experience: 2 or more years of experience providing case management services to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. 1 year or more of experience providing case management services to people living with mental illness and/or substance use
- Other Qualifications: Knowledgeable about current issues related to the LGBTQIA+ community and people experiencing
- On- site, in the office and with program participants in the
- Office in the East Village Neighborhood in the City of San
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Compensation: The pay range for this position is $23.00/hour- $24.00/hour and is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Regular Non-Exempt position.
- Benefits: The CENTER offers a robust benefits package, inclusive of Competitive Pay Scales, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with company match), Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic Health Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Optional Coverage for Spouses, Domestic Partners, and Dependent Children, Group Term Life Insurance, Full-time and Part-Time Schedules, Generous Vacation and Holiday Benefits, Professional Training & Development Experiences, Opportunities for Promotion & Advancement
Please review the current job openings by clicking the button below. If you believe you possess the heart and skills for any of these (or any other) exciting job opportunities, we encourage you to apply. Instructions for how to apply are included in each job announcement. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website.
61 total views, 0 today