Temporary Canvassers – Win the Election (Pittsburgh, PA) $23-25/hr
Hiring Immediately – $23-25/hr
Full-time & Part-time
To expand progressive values that support communities we need to win in November. The midterm elections are here and we must ensure that leaders who care about economic prosperity for all, strong community schools, climate justice and civil rights are elected. We will be canvassing throughout Allegheny County on behalf of For Our Future to motivate and mobilize voters to elect Democrats who will fight to improve people’s lives.
This role is a great opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: Progressive Campaigns, Elections, Climate Policy, Leadership, Communication & Advocacy, Community Outreach & Engagement, Campaign Work, Public Policy, and Social Enterprise.
Get paid well! Canvass positions pay $23/hours to $25/hour. We offer overtime pay, driver bonuses, shift bonuses, paid training, sick pay, flexible schedules and bonuses for friend referrals. Hiring people to start immediately.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
Locations: Pittsburgh, PA
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through Nov. 8th with the possibility to work part-time or full-time
Canvasser Responsibilities ($23/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner
- Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($25/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior canvassing experience is not required.
Pay: $23/hr for canvassers and $25/hr for Team Leaders. We offer driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals. All full-time staff have the option to opt into our company healthcare plan.
How to ApplyApply here: https://www.theoutreachteam.net/interest-form-tot We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
772 total views, 0 today