Temporary Campaign Canvassers and Team Leads – Maintain a Democratic Majority this Midterm Election! Hiring Immediately!
The battle for Democracy is urgent. This November it is critical that we mobilize every Democratic voter to stave off an increasingly radical Republican Party at the polls. We are currently seeking Voter Contact staff to mobilize voters to the polls to help Democrats win in the 2022 midterm election and hold their majority in both the state Senate and House. Increasing voter turnout is one of the keys to winning in November, and we must win if Democrats are going to be able to address systemic issues impacting the most vulnerable communities in our country.
This role is a great opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: Leadership, Communication & Advocacy, Community Outreach & Engagement, Campaign Work, Public Policy, and Social Enterprise.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at $24/hour. Leadership positions start at $26/hour. We offer overtime pay, driver bonuses, shift bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
Locations: Salem, Clackamas & Southeast Portland
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through Nov. 8th with possibilities for advancement afterwards. Shifts run from 12:30pm – 7:00pm weekdays and 10:30-5:00 on weekends with the possibility to work part-time or full-time
Canvasser Responsibilities ($24/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner
- Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($26/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior canvassing experience is not required.
Pay: $24/hr for canvassers and $26/hr for Team Leaders. We offer driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals. All full-time staff have the option to opt into our company healthcare plan.
How to ApplyApply here: https://www.theoutreachteam.net/interest-form-tot We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
280 total views, 0 today