City of Asylum creates a thriving community for writers, readers, and neighbors. We provide sanctuary to endangered literary writers so that they can continue to write and their voices are not silenced. We offer a broad range of literary programs in a variety of community settings to encourage cross-cultural exchange. We anchor neighborhood economic development by transforming blighted properties into homes for these programs and energizing public spaces through public art with text-based components.
City of Asylum Bookstore:
City of Asylum Bookstore is part of City of Asylum @ Alphabet City—a facility that also
includes spaces for readings, performances, workshops, and a full-service restaurant.
City of Asylum Bookstore maintains a broad focus on international and translated
literature, and books by and about marginalized voices, with an inventory of about
- Create a friendly environment for shoppers during the bookstore hours (Daily 12 PM – 6 PM), additional hours for events, and the holiday shopping season.
- Serve as an ambassador for the City of Asylum organization and promote upcoming programs to customers.
- Establish relationships with customers by suggesting relevant titles, genres, and authors.
- Process and ship online orders.
- Provide sales support for off-site programs.
- Create book displays.
- Answer phone calls and emails.
- Receiving and returning books through our integrated POS.
- Shelving and organizing books.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours preferably 10-20 but may require weekend and holiday hours. Starting pay is $14.00 to $15.00 per hour.
- Commitment to the values of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Must love books
How to ApplyPlease email resume to email@example.com
164 total views, 0 today