Immediate opening for Bookkeeper
Mission Statement: In collaboration with local partners and all affected by abuse, TTD creates innovative responses and mobilizes our community to promote safety and challenge systems of oppression and violence.
Job Summary: TTD’s Bookkeeper performs specific account recording and clerical tasks as prescribed by the Director of Finance.
This position will be based at TTD’s administrative office in Cape Elizabeth, ME.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cash disbursements: prepare checks using TTD’s QuickBooks software program by inputting invoices, printing checks, and preparing to mail.
- Cash receipts: prepare and deliver deposits of checks and cash, input electronic cash receipts to QuickBooks software program, and prepare donor acknowledgements.
- Reconcile and post bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain spreadsheets of restricted donations and expenditures.
- Other duties including mail pick-up and delivery.
- Participate in office management and maintenance functions.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Experience with cash disbursements and cash receipts
- QuickBooks and Excel training and experience
- Preference to candidates with experience in E-Tapestry donor database
- Passion for social justice
- Integrity, flexibility & creativity
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel to work related events and commitments
- Positive communication skills
- Basic computer competency
- Embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion
Pay and Benefits
- $19.44/hour with a commitment to an increase to $20.44/hour at the employees’ successful completion of one-year of employment with Through These Doors.
- Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance provided at no-cost for the employee to full-time employees.
- Paid wellness hours
- 27 days per year of earned time off in 1st year
- 12 days per year of sick time
- Retirement Plan – Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (SIMPLE)
- Paid time off for voting
- Mileage reimbursement for non-commuting work travel
- Flexible work options
A note about our workplace: We are a dedicated and committed staff of advocates who believe in safety for all. We value each other, respect each other, and laugh a lot. We create a space that welcomes our authentic selves to the work alongside those experiencing abuse and violence in their homes while also holding offenders accountable and creating a community in which violence has no place.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The goal of TTD’s recruitment and hiring process is to achieve an excellent and balanced workforce with representation and participation from diverse sectors of our society. TTD has a responsibility to our community and to victims and survivors of abuse to actively recruit and hire the best-qualified individuals that it can, and to do so in the context of its commitment to principles of diversity. TTD prioritizes candidates who speak multiple languages and bring a diverse set of skills and experiences to their work.
All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to religious creed, race, color, age, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation. Through These Doors is a nonprofit organization which receives funding from Maine DHHS, MaineHousing, local United Ways, Cumberland County, and your generous donations.
How to ApplyTo Apply Send resume and cover letter to Through These Doors, PO Box 704, Portland, ME 04104 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
33 total views, 1 today