Full-Time Behavioral Health Specialist 2 – Oregon State Hospital (Junction City Campus)
Close date: Open until filled
Salary: $4693 – $7180 monthly
Location: Junction City, OR
This position is open until filled and can close at any time.
This is a full-time, permanent, classified position which is represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Oregon State Hospital (OSH) has a job rotation opportunity for a Behavioral Health Specialist 2 in Junction City, Oregon to provide specialized treatment services that focus on leading evidence-based psychotherapeutic and psychoeducational treatment, for both groups and individuals.
The Oregon State Hospital provides patient-centered, psychiatric treatment for adults from throughout the state who need hospital-level care. Our primary goal is to help people recover from their illness and return to the community. Our services include psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment, as well as community outreach and peer support. Watch “Welcome to the Oregon State Hospital” video here.
What will you do?
As a Behavioral Health Specialist 2, you will perform the following duties:
- Participate in the development and implementation of a comprehensive array of psycho-educational/psycho-therapeutic groups and individual therapy.
- Develop, review, and implement individualized treatment care plans for clients on their caseload.
- Attend unit daily rounds, inter-shifts, and other meetings to assure good communication and effective treatment service.
- Generate accurate written documentation of all treatment activities within hospital guidelines and timeframes.
- Interview patients to obtain pertinent information related to current behavioral and psychological functioning that includes consideration of cultural factors.
- Administer assessments/tests/questionnaires to help identify treatment needs and progress to better inform patient care.
- Consult with interdisciplinary treatment teams to identify and develop evidence-based interventions to address specific treatment care plan needs and tracks progress through documentation.
- Conduct assessments to identify precipitating events and factors leading to ineffective behaviors.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate efficacy of positive reinforcement plans, patient engagement plans, and behavioral support plans shape and support more effective behaviors.
- Provide in-service training to treatment staff on-unit.
- Perform suicide risk assessments of patients as requested and directed by an associate chief of psychology.
- Provide coverage of services due to staff absence or vacancy and respond to emergent patient needs.
To request a copy of the position description, please contact Cyndi Phipps-Roman at cy******************@oh*.gov.
What are we looking for?
A bachelor’s degree in nursing or occupational therapy AND licensed by the State of Oregon AND three years of progressively responsible experience related to behavioral and mental health.
A master’s degree in psychology, social work, recreation, art, music therapy or a behavioral health science AND two years of progressively responsible experience related to behavioral and mental health.
- Preference for master’s degree in a behavioral health science field.
- Experience creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
- Experience developing and implementing evidence based psychotherapeutic and psychoeducation treatment interventions, groups, and individual interventions.
- Experience providing training to unit and program staff.
- Experience/training collaborating in interdisciplinary treatment (IDT)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams/Zoom.
This recruitment announcement will be used to establish a list of qualified candidates to fill the current vacancy and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
How to Applyhttps://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/details/Behavioral-Health-Specialist-2---Junction-City-Campus_REQ-124358?q=osh Contact Information: Cyndi Phipps-Roman 503-569-0066
170 total views, 2 today