Temporary AV Technician I
The AV Department is seeking a self-motivated, technically knowledgeable person with a willingness to learn to support institutional audio/visual needs. The ideal candidate will be comfortable shifting roles and responsibilities throughout the day while continually maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.
This position requires at least partial weekend availability. Some holidays and evenings are required. The San Diego Natural History Museum is open daily, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Operate theater for daily films and events (lectures, film festivals, corporate events, etc…)
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting of theater system
- Intermediate maintenance and troubleshooting of AV elements.
- Use and update SDNHM ticketing system for everyday support requests
- Assist both internal and off-site users with any AV needs
- Intermediate maintenance and troubleshooting of AV equipment.
- At least 2 years of AV experience
- High School Diploma or GED and 2+ years experience in a related field.
In compliance with the San Diego Natural History Museum’s mandatory vaccination policy, the Museum requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Accommodations based on medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Position pays $21/hr and will be about 16 hours per week (2, 8-hour shifts). Employees enjoy free admission into all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
This is a part-time, temporary role that is expected to run through September 2nd, 2024.
How to ApplyPlease send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
43 total views, 0 today