Full-Time Associate Transportation Planner
The Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) and the MPO’s member jurisdictions are seeking qualified candidates for an Associate Transportation Planner. This position is responsible for the following duties:
- Completing various transportation tasks to include technical and policy recommendations resulting in short- and long-range transportation plans.
- Assisting in the implementation of the WMPO’s Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Program as identified through strategies in the adopted short-range TDM plan that include the support, promotion, and education of multi-modal mode choice in the WMPO region.
- Assisting with GIS analysis, transportation project analysis, transportation project prioritization, sub-area studies, and planning activities to meet federal requirements.
- Conducting planning studies for roadway, transit, bicycle, pedestrian, ferry, and freight investments.
- Researching, collecting, and analyzing data.
- Preparing informational materials, summary memorandums, Presentations, planning documents, and technical reports.
- Preparing for and attending staff and policy board meetings and meetings with staff from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Working directly with member jurisdictions to develop transportation planning projects, project development, project review, cost estimates and submittal.
- Managing consultant studies related to regional transportation planning projects.
- Developing and implementing reliable technical tools.
- Supporting the WMPO’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory and Transportation Demand Management committees, and other planning and policy steering committees.
- Participation in public outreach activities and events including developing marketing and educational outreach materials.
- Other transportation planning related duties as assigned.
How to ApplyApply Online Websitehttp://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/jobs
168 total views, 1 today