Full-Time Associate Producer/Technician (English Services) – VAN00984
Associate Producer/Technician (English Services) – VAN00984
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Vancouver
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC has an amazing opportunity for you to join our morning show team in Vancouver!
If you are an energetic, disciplined, creative and innovative individual who thrives on building new things; if you are passionate about storytelling and sharing your content across multiple platforms; if you are deeply connected to the diverse neighbourhoods, people, business and culture that make Vancouver tick; if you embrace the potential of social media, digital and above all chasing good stories, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Thorough passion, knowledge, and understanding of the Vancouver and British Columbia market and its diversity of communities and content.
- Community connections in Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, Disabled and other under represented groups in Metro Vancouver.
- Demonstrated ability to develop meaningful stories and develop contacts.
- Solid journalistic skills and on air presentation.
- In-depth knowledge of local and national news.
- Excellent production skills including operation of sound board and critical listening during live programming.
- Ability to handle a variety of functions quickly and efficiently, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to support the team with workflow and technology and be the champion of quality and innovation.
- Innovative, flexible and calm under pressure.
- Takes direction well, works cooperatively and also a self-starter.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a tight knit team.
- Embraces new technologies and keen to expand the program in social media streams and online with aural and visual content.
- Comfortable interacting and presenting material live on-air.
- Innovative, with proven ability to use sound creatively.
- Open to new ideas and approaches.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thrives in a culture of continuous improvement and provides daily data to help inform decision making.
- Understanding that you are working for a journalistic organization, which requires flexibility in shifts including early mornings, evening and weekend work.
- University degree or equivalent.
- Three years experience which is directly related to editorial chase or technical operations.
We want to hear you, and see the work that you’ve done. Please include a link to your portfolio, website, video or blog in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to re*********@cb*.ca
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/62cd7daf242c1938524758c0/618a8c90d6d56cf54a9da7c9/en
1311 total views, 4 today