Full-Time Associate, Finance & Accounting
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Associate, LandScale/Shared Responsibility Finance & Accounting position will carry out project administration for the LandScale and Shared Responsibility (also known as SD/SI – Sustainability Differential/Sustainability Investment) projects cross-functionally with Accounting, Global Compliance and Markets. Duties include but are not limited to contracting, invoicing, revenue recognition, and account payable processes. They will support key organizational efforts for innovative programs including Shared Responsibility and LandScale. They will be responsible for creating contracts, administering payment schedules, preparing and issuing invoices, and helping track payments and accounts receivable. They will serve as a resource to companies regarding payments and invoices, provide customer service and assist in creating reports on accounts receivable.
- The Rainforest Alliance’s Core Values are Impact, Change, Collaboration, Openness and Trust and as such they form the basis of the behaviours we demonstrate;
- Manage cradle-to-grave contracting process for Landscale and SD/SI teams;
- Maintain a schedule of client billing dates and prepare all necessary related documentation;
- Issue invoices to customers based on contracts or customer commitments;
- Working closely with supervisor, maintain accurate accounts receivable aging and tracking which includes records of issued, paid and outstanding invoices in both Rainforest Alliance accounting system and any external tools;
- Reconcile accounting system with external platforms and tools;
- Follow up on open unpaid and delinquent balances with customers and/or flag as appropriate to relevant relationship managers;
- Communicate needs and reasons for any write-offs of uncollectible open receivables;
- Engage with the relevant team and external vendor(s) facilitating project design and implementation;
- Monitor for accurate and timely payments addressing any errors or compliance requests;
- Process payment requests;
- Actively participate in the improvements, changes, integrations, consolidations of current and future system(s) in order to ensure maintenance of controls, maintaining audit trail, and clarity of process with the Markets and Accounting teams;
- Raise technical issues in systems to the support team involving the migration and integrity of data and any problems with the programming logics and bugs;
- Other duties as assigned.
Month-end Close Administration
- Work closely with Controller and Director, Global Accounting to ensure accurate and timely month-end close, process reclass journal entries, perform research/analyses as assigned;
- Assist with audit and Form 990 requests as needed;
- Maintain effective communication with the relevant teams across the organization;
- Participate in streamlining the AR process and setup/refine AR workflow for ease of gathering audit data and to help users across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting/Financial Management or other comparable education;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in bookkeeping, process administration, AP/AR, or comparable experience; 2 years administrative experience (NGO experience a plus);
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting and traceability software and working knowledge of PowerPoint would be a plus;
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to multi-task, work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly deadline-driven environment;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals. Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: August 19, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in US (NY, DC, VT), London, Amsterdam will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://rainforest-alliance.hirehive.com/job/102708/associate-finance-accounting-us-ny-dc-vt-london-amsterdam
554 total views, 0 today