Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
The Associate Branded Content Writer will be tasked with writing compelling, engaging, and entertaining advertising content throughout our different verticals and franchises (Daily newsletter, Emerging Tech, Retail, Marketing, Business Casual, Sidekick, HR Brew, Money Scoop, and more to come!). You will also work on larger branded content projects in a variety of formats (social, audio, interactive digital, etc) when the need arises.
What you’ll do:
– Translating partner briefs/assets into 35-150 word advertorials daily for both B2B and B2C partners
– Understanding the larger marketing goals of our brand partners
– Presenting ideas and work both internally and externally to our brand partners
– Developing holistic, long-term advertising campaigns
– Collaborating on cross-platform branded content campaigns in a wide range of formats (social and video experience is a plus here)
– Contribute writing to other facets of Morning Brew’s business (media kits, website and user experience copy, social media content, and more)
What makes you qualified:
– 1-2 years of professional creative writing, copywriting, content/marketing experience (bonus points if you have a killer portfolio that showcases your work)
– We’re looking for a wordsmith in the truest sense of the word: you should have an expert command of the English language and use of voice.
– Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and project manage your own work and time
– Client readiness and communication skills
– Deep intellectual curiosity and strong work ethic
– A personal philosophy of, “Yes, we’ll figure it out.”
– Desire to seek out diverse and unique POVs that differ from your own
– Passion for all Morning Brew editorial brands
– Experience working with multiple client categories
– B2B and/or Financial Services writing experience
– Experience with a/b testing a plus
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
· Curious – We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
· Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
· Empathetic – We are good, genuine people who embrace others’ perspectives.
· Challengers – We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We’ll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.