Do you have an ear for rhythm, an eye for detail, a mind for research, and a stomach for revision?
Do you love to read and love to write and love to write about what you read?
Do you think your life would be better if you just had more deadlines to meet—ideally, several at once?
If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
West Wing Writers is searching for a full-time associate. We have offices in DC, NY, and SF; the location for this position can be flexible.
As an associate, you can expect to be an integral part of the West Wing Writers team:
- You’ll be researching and writing for a range of clients about a number of important issues in a variety of formats: speeches, op-eds, talking points, research memos, social media, and more;
- You’ll help craft messages, strategy, and writing products for some of the world’s most influential leaders, organizations, and brands;
- You’ll be asked to do so thoroughly, thoughtfully, quickly, and carefully;
- You’ll attend client meetings, participate in client conference calls, and interact with clients directly;
- You’ll work closely and collaboratively with other associates, directors, principals, and partners at the firm, with the goal of partnering with colleagues across the firm’s three offices;
Our ideal candidate…
- Has exceptional writing skills and is comfortable writing across a range of formats;
- Has excellent time-management skills and is comfortable writing on deadline;
- Is creative, curious, organized, motivated, dependable, and professional;
- Works well both independently and in teams;
- Is eager to learn from colleagues and to continuously elevate their writing and messaging abilities;
- Is authorized to work and accept new employment in the United States.
Our associates have ranged from recent college graduates to people with significant relevant experience.
About West Wing Writers:
West Wing Writers is a speechwriting and strategy firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York City, and San Francisco. We’re veterans of the Obama White House and the Clinton White House, of presidential campaigns, governors’ offices, and Capitol Hill. We’re journalists and teachers; novelists and activists; comedians, poets, and foreign policy experts.
Today, we craft speeches, op-eds, and other strategic communications for some of the most compelling leaders and thinkers. We’ve helped CEOs tell their stories on the world’s biggest stages. We’ve helped global foundations make the case for a new wave of philanthropy. We’ve helped politicians rally national political conventions, companies launch products to global markets, and people from all walks of life hold TED audiences in rapt attention.
Every day we come to work, we partner with a wide array of clients around the world—from Fortune 500 Companies to progressive activists—to find their voice, hone their message, and push for change. We love what we do, and we’d love you to join us.
We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strongly encourage members of historically underrepresented groups to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, gender-nonconforming people, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and multilingual individuals.
We offer competitive salary and benefits—and we hope to hear from you on or before November 4, 2019.
How to ApplyApply here: https://workable.com/j/EF41273B86
24 total views, 1 today