Full-Time Anesthesia Technician 6:30a – 3p
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
Under general supervision and following established procedures, assure the quality of service and monitoring for patients undergoing anesthesia in all anesthetizing locations throughout the hospital. Maintains, services, sets up, tests, and troubleshoots equipment and provides technical assistance to the Anesthesia staff in the care of patients.
PRINICIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the anesthesia staff in the set up and initialization of hemodynamic monitoring equipment.
- Assists anesthesiologists in care of patients before, during, and immediately after anesthesia which involves the following: The attachment of vital signs monitoring equipment;; Assist in endo-tracheal intubations by preparing and holding equipment;.
- Conducts performance tests, performs calibration and first level repairs (i.e. battery changes, cable swapping, monitor checks) of anesthesia equipment.
- Prepares blood pressure transducers. Calibrates them to the appropriate machine. Sets up IV solutions, and IV infusions.
- Sets up equipment for use in the work area including, but not limited to, connecting input and output hoses, bronchoscopes, patient warming devices, fluid infusion equipment and assembling breathing circuits. Delivers required anesthesia equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoots routine problems with equipment in OR during use, repairing or replacing as necessary.
- Assist the Clinical Engineering group with various projects, including machine modification and data accumulation.
- Provides timely and accurate information supporting the procurement of anesthesia supplies.
- Assumes other related duties as needed.
Qualifications – External
High School Diploma / GED or equivalent. Associate Degree in Science preferred.
Three years experience in an OR setting is preferred.
BCLS preferred, but training will be provided. Successful completion within the first 90 days of employment required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to follow detailed instructions.
Knowledge of physical and mathematical principles.
Ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, and other medical center personnel.
Knowledge of basic anatomy, medical terminology, and treatment procedures commonly used in the administration of anesthesia.
Understanding of aseptic and infection control and demonstrates sterile protocols.
Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights and cultural/religious beliefs and age-specific needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/JOB CONDITIONS
High stress working conditions due to OR environment which may include the following: tight schedules, emergency surgery, and the critical nature of the care provided. Exposure to blood and secretions on contaminated equipment. Exposure to used hypodermic and spinal needles. Exposure to patients with undiagnosed disease. Exposure to narcotics and other addictive drugs. Ability to remain on feet for up to 80% of work time, lift and carry loads up to 25 pounds, and push rolling equipment weighing several hundred pounds. Ability to work well under extreme pressure and stress.
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
How to Applyhttps://partners.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=3206883&lang=en
908 total views, 0 today