Full-Time Agriculture Officer
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
The Agriculture Officer will support the implementation of already defined strategic objectives of the Rainforest Alliance with respect to biodiversity conservation, Regenerative Agriculture, and Integrated Pest Management matters within the organization and specifically, within its programs and activities in close coordination with members of the Nature cluster. The Agriculture Officer will be part of the Themes team within the Advocacy & Themes department of Rainforest Alliance.
Support the Nature team in the development and of sector and regional strategies across the organization:
- Provide support to a wide range of projects on environmental/agricultural issues such as biodiversity conservation, deforestation, regenerative agriculture, IPM, etc.;
- Support theme leads in the nature cluster with regional strategy, project development and implementation and developing technical capacity on priority themes;
- Support in the development of M&E frameworks to facilitate the measurement of progress on environmental / agricultural topics;
- Provide general support and guidance to staff and external audiences by providing prompt, informative communications to general queries on Environment themes;
- Support in the development of tools, training and guidance material to be used for Training of Trainers, among other stakeholders; and
- Closely coordinate development of internal and external communications and messaging on biodiversity, regenerative agriculture and integrated pest management together with Communications team, including webpage updates, blogs, press releases and social media outlets.
Team administration / reporting / networking
- Support general reporting on different agriculture and environmental topics.
- Manage programmatic reporting (against workplan and project achievements);
- Coordinate logistics for the team at international conferences, tradeshows, workshops, meetings and trainings;
- Prepare, process and monitor payment requests, invoices and related materials;
- First degree in Environmental Science, Tropical Agronomy, Natural Resource Management or related studies;
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience in agriculture related work, preferably with experience in producing countries in the global south; Alternatively a recently graduated Masters on a related field of experience
- Knowledge of certification programs in the context of agriculture issues and sustainability practices, would be an asset;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in verbal and written English required; Spanish, French or Portuguese are a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail and ability to execute work independently and with initiative;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and working knowledge on PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to travel approx. 10% per year, nationally and internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: October 14, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in the locations in which we are registered will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com
How to ApplyPlease apply here: https://rainforest-alliance.hirehive.com/job/107519/agriculture-officer-global-preferably-europe-africa-or-latam
654 total views, 0 today