Full-Time Advocacy Officer Regenerative Agriculture
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
Support the Advocacy Lead, Nature in ensuring advocacy on behalf of Rainforest Alliance’s sustainability mission with particular focus on regenerative agriculture is developed. The role will work in close collaboration with the Advocacy Lead, People to bridge the advocacy work on purchasing practices and regenerative agriculture. The role will also keep colleagues updated on progress and share relevant materials across the department – Public Affairs team – and the organisation including Markets and Regions team to enable them implement elements of the influencing strategy with their key stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of an evidence-based advocacy strategy for regenerative agriculture, in close collaboration with the Advocacy Leads Nature and People;
- Write and revise position papers on key advocacy issues for Rainforest Alliance in collaboration with content owners;
- Ensure timely and accurate responses to policy enquiries, parliamentary questions and other such requests;
- Develop key network with civil society on regenerative agriculture;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance in key policy fora as required;
- Monitor organisational relationships with government, relevant networks and influential policy makers;
- Bachelors degree.
- 3 years experience in advocacy or policy influencing role.
- Experience in working across different teams and departments.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- Fluency in English required. Other languages an asset.
JOB LEVEL: 5
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: January 6, 2023
Only candidates authorized to work in (United States, Europe, the United Kingdom) will be considered.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com
How to Applyhttps://rainforest-alliance.hirehive.com/job/112013/advocacy-officer-regenerative-agriculture-various-locations
524 total views, 0 today