Full-Time Advocacy Coordinator
ASAP organizes and leads a broad-based coalition effort that works to advance, win, and defend new appliance, equipment, and lighting efficiency standards that cut emissions, save water, and reduce economic and environmental burdens for low- to moderate-income households. With energy costs on the rise and the clock ticking on climate action, this job is an opportunity to create real change by winning stronger efficiency standards.
The advocacy coordinator is a core member of the Appliance Standards Awareness Project’s federal campaign team charged with persuading the Biden Administration (and future administrations) to adopt strong new energy-saving standards. The coordinator will build support from members of Congress and administration officials for substantive improvements in critical standards that are set through individual public rulemaking processes conducted by the Department of Energy.
Washington D.C. area or Northeast region of the U.S. is preferred but can also be remote.
- Conduct outreach to and education of congressional staff and administration officials
- Contribute to overall advocacy campaign conceptualization and development
- Identify potential congressional champions and cultivate their engagement in ASAP’s efforts
- Ensure that equity and environmental justice issues are centered in our efforts
- Contribute to campaign message development
- Create advocacy materials including fact sheets, sign-on letters, blog posts, stories, and web and social media content.
- Work with allies to spread campaign messages and content to their members and networks through all types of media
- Work with ASAP’s Steering Committee members to advance our campaign objectives
- Represent ASAP at conferences and coalition meetings
- A bachelor’s degree and at least four years of relevant work experience or a master’s degree and at least three years relevant experience
- Experience working on policy advocacy campaigns
- Ability to communicate complicated policy issues verbally and in written form
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent writer who works well under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be comfortable engaging with diverse external stakeholders
- Understanding of Congress and administrative decision-making processes
The salary range is $59,727-$74,659 commensurate with qualifications and experience. ACEEE’s generous benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage; a 403(b)-retirement plan; transportation and bike share benefits; three weeks of vacation in the first year and four weeks thereafter.
How to Applyhttps://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1390955/American-Council-for-an-Energy-Efficient-Economy/ASAP-Advocacy-Coordinator
321 total views, 0 today