Full-Time Admissions Counselor
Verto is on a mission to change Higher Education in positive, student-focused ways. Our goal is to make travel and experiential education a core part of every student’s college degree and create mature, critically thinking and engaged global citizens. Verto Education offers the only international freshman year + direct admission to partner schools so students graduate in four years. Come change Higher Education, and the world, with us!
We are hiring an Admissions Counselor to help enroll students in Verto’s transformative semesters abroad before matriculating at one of our partner colleges. You will be a core member of Verto’s Admissions team, and will work closely with Verto’s Regional Admissions Representatives, Student Success team, and COO. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with parents, students, and high school counselors, generating interest, qualifying prospective students, and finalizing enrollment. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who can operate at start-up speed and is not afraid to work hard, and with enthusiasm. Verto is committed to being an enjoyable, flexible place to work for a diverse workforce of student-centered professionals. We encourage applications from candidates who are passionate about enhancing the landscape of higher education and who enjoy working collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds.
The Admissions Counselor position is part of Verto Education’s Career Accelerator Program (CAP), a 2-year career development program after which, successful employees will be qualified for cross-departmental positions and/or management roles. Verto has found that members of the Admissions team grow their networks, build up their expertise, and impact far more students in their second year. Verto’s CAP program gives employees the opportunity to fully demonstrate their abilities, while receiving cross-departmental training. Each Admissions Counselor will attend Verto’s annual 10-day Admissions Summit, fostering community with the rest of the organization while gaining the skills to succeed in the field of experiential higher education. Verto strives to give Admissions Counselors field experience as well, showing the full student lifecycle, from initial discovery to completion of a Verto semester. Over the course of the CAP, Admissions Counselors will meet regularly with mentors from different departments, gaining a better understanding of Verto, higher education, and where they would like to build their career.
Position updates due to COVID-19:
Given the evolving state of the world due to COVID-19, we are hiring Admissions Counselors in 12 regions around the United States. Depending on the availability of in-person presentations in high schools this fall, this position may transition to Verto’s Regional Admissions Representative role. Admissions Representatives are responsible for building out Verto’s network of high school counselors and administrators, presenting in classrooms, all-school assemblies, college fairs, and cafeterias. Admissions Representatives also offer home visits to prospective families. Verto is a rapidly growing organization, and successful candidates for the Admissions Counselor position will demonstrate hunger and flexibility.
We are hiring for the following regions:
- Pacific Northwest
- Southern California
- New York
- Carolinas & Tennessee
- Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah
- Northern California
- New England
- Your days will include calling up to 100 families per day (all warm leads, no cold calling) and speaking for 4 hours per day.
- Create and maintain a list/database of prospective students and their parents in Verto’s CRM.
- Understand each family’s needs and goals, and offer solutions and support.
- Route qualified students to the appropriate Regional Admissions Representative for in-person meetings, or to our Financial Services Officer or College Counselor for advising.
- Finalize enrollment and achieve weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals.
- Maintain a database of leads and applicant’s data in Verto’s CRM.
- Enroll 50 students in your first year.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Have a passion for your work! Every student and parent interaction has the potential to change a life.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential students and their families
- Persuasive and goal-oriented, possessing an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching the next potential client. Must keep in mind that every conversation is potentially a student’s first experience with Verto, and their first time hearing that their education can serve them better
- Previous experience in Admissions, an outbound call center, sales experience, or related advising experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Google suite and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
What We Are Looking For:
- First and foremost, you’re a team player. We’re a fast-moving, mission-driven startup. We care deeply about what we do, and you will too.
- Our “3 words” resonate with you: Curious, Relentless and Service-Oriented
- You’re proactive in identifying new opportunities, solving problems, and prioritizing efforts with confidence.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to diverse constituencies.
- You’re organized, have some level of detail-orientation, and are a fearless experimenter.
- You are mission-driven and ready to make a significant impact to grow and scale an organization committed to changing higher education.
● $40,000 starting salary
● Unlimited vacation and sick time, with blackout dates related to the role
● A benefits plan that includes health insurance and as soon as possible, a retirement plan
This is a remote position until further notice, with the goal of presenting in high schools and at events in your region as soon as this is appropriate given the current situation with COVID-19.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit: https://vertoeducation.org/careers/ and click on 'Admissions Counselor'. Be sure to specify which region(s), you are most interested in working from.
200 total views, 1 today