Full-Time Administrative Assistant – Sheriff’s Office
This position provides confidential and professional executive administrative support directly to the elected Sheriff and Undersheriff, Sheriff’s Administration plus some instruction to a small group of office support staff. The Administrative Assistant handles the more complex issues and tasks within the Sheriff’s Administrative office. The position acts as a first point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the executive team.
Education and Experience:
United States’ Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident required.
Bachelor’s degree* in business or public administration or related field; OR four (4) years of administrative experience which includes but is not limited to the supervision of others, office management, or primary responsibility for a major staff function.
*The degree must have been conferred by an institution of higher education and have National Recognition of Accrediting Agencies by the U.S. Secretary of Education, and official transcripts may be required at the time of hire.
Any combination of required education, experience and qualifications demonstrating the ability to perform the work will be considered.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience as an executive assistant, senior executive assistant or in other progressively responsible clerical/administrative positions
- Experience with office management systems and procedures; performing advanced and technical administrative work
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills plus the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficiency using computer applications including MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database programs plus the ability to keep current with technology changes
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work to meet goals, deadlines and handle changing priorities
- Experience in a political and/or law enforcement work environment preferred
- Competent in business math and business writing including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and current formats
- Experience providing oversight/instruction to staff relating to projects, committees or as assigned.
- Experience using discretion and maintaining confidentiality
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: M3.507 $22.27 – $28.47- per hour
How to ApplyFor complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
862 total views, 0 today