Temporary Administrative Assistant
About the Role
This position will support the Exhibition Management Department in assisting with administrative responsibilities in managing the exhibition program including special exhibitions, touring exhibitions and permanent collection projects at The Huntington. The position reports to the Head of Exhibition Management in the Art Museum. The position will liaise with appointed staff from Advancement, Finance, Communications, Facilities, Janitorial, Security, Preservation and Conservation, Education, Library, Art, Botanical, Publications, Technology and Information Systems and Bookstore, in addition to various types of contractors.
S/he/they will demonstrate a background of working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, geographic and socioeconomic backgrounds, using a welcoming, inclusive, and accessible approach.
This is a temporary position, mid-July through mid-November to cover a leave of absence. We are looking for someone who can work 18.75 hours per week, split between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Schedule, organize and coordinate meetings as needed and as directed including reserving location, taking notes, providing necessary summaries, and identifying action items by stakeholders after meetings.
- Manage and provide administrative support on projects and initiatives, including drafting implementation schedules and correspondence, distributing schedules and deliverables, tracking progress, facilitating communication, and following up on action items.
- Prepare reports as required by internal departments, lenders, organizing venues, and/or participating venues.
- Perform administrative duties required to maintain effectiveness and efficiency of the department including following procedures, processing invoices and payments, ordering supplies, and organizing and maintaining project files.
Candidate Requirements and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Art History, Museum Studies, or a related field
- Minimum of two years related experience in a Museum or Art Gallery
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written, editing and proofreading. Demonstrated ability to compose routine business correspondence with correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Highly organized, efficient, and attentive to detail, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Self-starting, resourceful, proactive, and motivated in performing and excelling in responsibilities.
- Skill in organizing work, defining tasks, setting priorities, working independently and following through on all assignments with minimal direction.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact diplomatically and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to discreetly and tactfully recognize and handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
Compensation & Benefits
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and perks for all eligible employees including:
- Pay Rate: $24.00/hr.
- Hybrid remote work schedule available for applicable positions
- Discounts for staff in The Huntington Store and restaurants
- Access to the Museums Council pass, which grants free admission to various museums and cultural institutions
- Free passes each month to welcome family and friends to visit the grounds
The Application Process
Please submit a cover letter and CV/resume as a single PDF attachment. You will have the opportunity to submit additional documents on the “My Experience” section of the application.
How to Applyhttps://huntington.org/careers
169 total views, 0 today