Full-Time Adjunct Professor – Medical Billing & Coding
Adjunct Professor – Medical Billing & Coding
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Adjunct
Job Number: AdjProfMEDA
Location: Kirkland, WA
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Located just outside of Seattle, WA, Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949, and is the only public institute of technology in the state of Washington. LWTech offers 10 applied bachelor’s degrees, more than 40 associate degrees, and 80 professional certificates in 41 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. LWTech is located within the city of Kirkland, which is home to companies such as GoDaddy, Google, Astronics and EvergreenHealth, and the college is within minutes from Microsoft and Nintendo. LWTech was recognized by the Aspen Institute as one of the top 150 two-year colleges in the nation in 2018 and is proud to be a Military Friendly School. LWTech is committed to increasing its cultural diversity with an emphasis on equity and inclusion among its staff and faculty. We serve a student population of 6,500 that come from a variety of backgrounds. We strongly value diversity and are working to improve access and successful educational outcomes for all students. We are actively seeking applicants that will help to balance our employee workforce to align with our students and community. Questions regarding the College’s commitment to diversity and our campus culture may be directed to Human Resources. Equity, Diversity, Inclusion Council.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is seeking qualified medical assisting instructors. All instructor positions require two years’ work experience; college teaching experience and industry certifications are preferred.
The college hires adjunct faculty on a quarter by quarter basis, dependent on enrollment. If you’re selected for an interview for a potential future vacancy, a college representative will contact you.
• Plan and develop a variety of instruction objectives and experiences appropriate to the program goals
• Identify individual learning needs of students and make appropriate adjustments
• Develop and teach to the objectives of the approved curriculum
• Develop and teach lessons which foster and support cultural diversity and non-discrimination
• Teach productive and constructive study skills to students
• Develop classroom and lab procedures in conformance with identified policies and procedures
• Maintain records which indicate student progress and meet college and accreditation requirements
• Follow disciplinary procedures as prescribed and deal consistently and fairly with all students
• Design learning experiences for the unique characteristics of individual adult students through classes, individual instruction and self-directed learning
• Post the class syllabus and students’ grades via the online course system (currently Canvas)
• Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Current Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant or Allied Health Credential or Coding Certificate
• Ability to demonstrate minimum three years’ work experience in healthcare
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully with students, staff and community from diverse backgrounds
• Recent teaching experience in postsecondary and or vocational/technical education using a variety of methods, including traditional classroom, individualized lab instruction, and collaborative group activities
• Excellent communication skills and ability to function as an effective team member
• Experience in writing course curriculum
• Evidence of recent professional development activity
• Due to the diversity of the college population, we encourage applicants who are multilingual
• Previous experience with an online course system (e.g., Canvas, Blackboard, Sakai, Moodle) preferred
CompensationPlacement on the faculty salary schedule is based on an individual assessment of education and experience. The salary for part time faculty contracts shall be based upon the number of credits assigned the faculty member, the type of class taught, and the rates contained in the part time faculty salary schedule currently in effect and labeled Appendix B.
Step A ranges from $735.47 – $2,026.41Step B ranges from $774.00 – $2,322.00Step C ranges from $789.87 – $2,369.58Step D ranges from $844.26 – $2,532.78Step E ranges from $865.79 – $2,712.96
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Official transcripts/certifications will be required upon employment
• Other conditions that may apply will be detailed upon the offer of employment
• Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of background/reference checks
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal Authorization to work.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
Lake Washington Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Meena Park, Executive Director of Human Resources, Affirmative Action Office/Title IX Coordinator, (425) 739-8212.
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report:
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and as a part of the College’s commitment to safety and security on campus, Lake Washington Institute of Technology(LWTech) reports the mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, the required statistics, and other related information for the past three (3) calendar years. LWTech’s Annual Safety Report (ASR) is available online at https://www.lwtech.edu/about/campus-safety/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the LWTech Safety Department located in the East Building at 11605 132nd Avenue NE Kirkland, WA 98034.Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants must declare whether they are the subject of any substantiated findings of sexual misconduct in any current or former employment or is currently being investigated for, or have left a position during an investigation into, a violation of any sexual misconduct policy at the applicant’s current or past employers. By law, post-secondary education institutions cannot hire an applicant who does not complete this form.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4931443
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4931443
73 total views, 0 today