Full-Time Accounts Payable Clerk
Full-time Accounts Payable position working Monday-Friday, 8a-5p within the Finance Department. This is an advanced administrative position involving full-cycle A/P and will act as an occasional backup for payroll functions following cross-training. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. Pay rate is commensurate with education and experience.
- Electronic Onboarding
- Team-Oriented Environment
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision Care Coverage Options
- Employer Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability and AD&D Coverages
- Supplemental Life Purchase Options
- 401(k) and Roth Plans with Employer Matching & Discretionary Contributions
- Generous Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick and Personal Days
- Mileage Reimbursement at the Federal rate
- Free Parking
- North Central is a Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Participant
- Referral Bonuses
- CARF Nationally Accredited Establishment
- 50 Years in Business
- Recognized in Top 15 Non-Profits by Business First
- Perform day to day processing of Accounts Payable transactions to ensure finances are maintained, up to date and accurate.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services rendered.
- Reconcile processed work verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Verify all transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling transactions to ledger reports, statements or check reconciliation reports.
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry, enter invoices for payment, schedule payments to occur and prepare checks for payment
- Resolve discrepancies with payments and documentation insure credit is received for outstanding memos, issue stop-payments or request PO amendments.
- Maintain account ledgers by verifying accurate posting of payments.
- Process backup reports, record payments and post account transactions.
- Disburse petty cash and issue receipts.
- Maintain listing of accounts payable and general ledger.
- Maintain vendor files, file names, W-9’s; generate and administer 1099’s and complete UCF annually.
You will learn the following skills to provide occasional coverage for our payroll administrator:
- Backup payroll functions in order to ensure staff are paid both timely and accurately.
- Process paperwork for new hires and enter information within the payroll system.
- Establish and maintain employee payroll files.
- Process forms for direct deposit and tax withholding.
- Calculate salaries and benefits.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computations and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies; verify hours paid, deductions, etc.
- Issue and record adjustments to pay related to previous error or retroactive increases.
- Verify coding, obtain signatures and leave forms for batch substantiation of pay data entries.
- Data enter payroll information, log and distribute ACH files, distribute paycheck stubs.
- Provide reports from accounting and payroll software routinely or as requested.
- Maintain financial filing system for payroll related items.
- Adhere to current OUF reporting requirements.
- Provide audit assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; At minimum, will consider HSG or equivalent with at least 5 years of demonstrated AP/PR processing experience.
- Experience using a computer based accounting and payroll programs.
- Typing, 10-key proficiency and computer literacy skills are essential.
- Valid Ohio license and ability for bonding requirements applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SPECIAL ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of purchasing and payroll policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of GAAP standards, accounts payable, payroll and maintaining a general ledger.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge and proficiency of Solomon accounting software.
- Knowledge and proficiency of ADP payroll software.
- Knowledge and proficiency of MS Office products.
- Attention to detail, effective organization skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to follow complex oral and written communications.
- Ability to perform reconciliations and identify errors and take corrective actions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Pre-employment criminal background check and drug testing are mandatory.
Background and reference checks will be conducted. Individuals are not considered applicants until they have completed an application and completed an on-site interview. Completing the application does not guarantee employment. In accordance with North Central’s Drug-Free Workplace Policy, pre-employment drug testing will be administered. EOE/AA
How to Applyhttps://ncmhs.exacthire.com/job/121457/source/20455
28 total views, 0 today