Full-Time Jr. Accountant
ClimeCo is a respected global advisor, transaction facilitator, trader, and developer of environmental commodity market products and related services. We specialize in voluntary carbon, regulated carbon, renewable energy credits, plastics credits, and regional criteria pollutant trading programs. From policy advisory to ESG strategy, offsets sourcing to project development, we provide comprehensive, vertically- integrated solutions to help enhance our customers’ sustainability impact—whether they are responding to emissions regulations or satisfying voluntary sustainability goals.
We are currently seeking a full-time Jr. Accountant for our Accounting and Finance team. This position will be remote with a preference of location in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) or PA.
The Jr. Accountant will assist the Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer with various accounting initiatives. This role will provide accounting support, invoice organization, AR/AP assistance, and collaborating with the Accounting Manager to prepare trial balances. The Jr. Accountant will be responsible for detailed line item reconciliations. The role will also assist with internal control documentation and external auditor management. Candidates with an educational background in Accounting or a related field is required.
ClimeCo embraces diversity and welcomes candidates who contribute to a climate that supports our staff of all identities and backgrounds. We further commit ourselves to an inclusive workplace where we value the perspectives of all employees by recognizing and appreciating their unique skills and talents. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
The Jr. Accountant position is full-time, salaried, and exempt, which is ineligible for overtime pay under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- BA/BS in Accounting or a related field
- 0-2 years of accounting experience preferred
- CPA candidate preferred or desire to become CPA certified
- Knowledge of financial accounting and cost accounting
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Comfortable balancing dynamic processes and priorities while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
- Experience using QuickBooks preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Occasional business travel as needed, estimated <10% of the time subject to change with ongoing business
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for a well-qualified Accountant is $45,000 – $55,000 annually, considering individual work experience and work location.
ClimeCo offers a competitive salary and bonus structure with benefits including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/vision benefits, EAP program, paid time off, holidays, and more.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
ClimeCo LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
How to ApplyPlease apply here.
863 total views, 2 today