Full-Time Academic Coordinator, Furniture
Rhode Island School of Design seeks an Academic Coordinator to join its Furniture Department. Furniture Design at RISD offers an intensive immersion in materials research and exploration in the process of making furniture and objects. Students investigate some of the most important questions facing designers today—from how to take advantage of changing technologies and new materials, to how to respond to variable economic conditions and evolving lifestyles.
The Academic Coordinator for Furniture employs initiative and diplomacy to administer the academic, administrative, and financial operations for the department. Acting as a liaison between Furniture and other offices responsible for determining college-wide policy, procedures, and services (e.g. Divisional Offices, Registrar, Student Employment, and Controller’s Office), the Academic Coordinator has sufficient general knowledge of the department’s programs, services, processes, and resources to relieve the Department Head of day-to-day administrative operations. The Coordinator will use independent judgment and initiative to take responsibility for day-to-day administrative duties, as well as maintain a high level of confidentiality and has the ability to understand and interpret institutional policies and procedures. Through providing basic analytical and financial data and input, the Coordinator will inform strategic decisions and logistical planning as well as the academic and administrative implementation of short- and long-term departmental goals and initiatives. Maintaining a general knowledge of institutional policies, processes and resources in order to monitor department’s compliance is a core function of this role.
We seek a culturally competent candidate who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, environmental and climate justice, and equal access to resources and opportunities.
- Proven problem solver with resourceful approach; demonstrated initiative, excellent interpersonal skills; attention to detail; basic math skills; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and knowledge of PC and/or Apple computer/s used in office administration required as is experience and knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation shareware. Experience with Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Gmail and Calendar).
- Must be able to work in and support a diverse and culturally inclusive environment.
- Ability to adapt to new technology and software.
- Ability to manage and coordinate logistical arrangements such as scheduling, catering, travel.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- At least 3 years administrative support experience required.
How to ApplyFor more information and where to submit an online application, please visit the link here - https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RISD/job/Academic-Coordinator--Furniture_R-01161-1
28 total views, 2 today