Full-Time #55146 – PLUMBER L2
Please Apply Here:
Location: Service Building, 2800 W 7th Ave
Work Year: Traditional 245 work days – AMLG/FMGR/GRND/PROTECH
Salary Range: $26.93 – $32.40 per hour
District paid health care credits
Earn Holiday, Vacation, Sick and Personal time immediately
Employee Wellness Program
Professional Growth Opportunities
Great schedule for Work/Life Balance
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Performs plumbing work (e.g., alteration, maintenance) on district plumbing systems (e.g., potable water supply, distribution building drains, sewers).
– Performs hands-on tasks applying proven industry standards and techniques, while adherence to policies, procedures, or guidelines in the area of responsibility. Installs, tests, analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, related equipment in order to support short-term operations and minimize downtime.
– Performs data entry and verification, keeps accurate files/records, creates detailed reports, using various existing systems for accurate, timely, and compliant records.
– Receives, understands, and disseminates information in subject matter to appropriate stakeholders. Diagnoses problems and aids in resolving technical issues and escalates appropriately to ensure a positive experience.
– Contributes to identifying process inefficiencies and proposes solutions, identifies opportunities through external research on trends in resources, programs, and services and internal research with stakeholders, and supports improvement efforts in order to support long-term operations and minimize downtime. white-space:=”” pre-wrap;”=””>
– Receives work orders, reviews, prioritizes and develops plan for plumbing related issues and requests.
– Determines and acquires supplies from warehouse and local vendors, researching for supplies and diagrams.
– Communicates and coordinates with staff at work site, taking into consideration safety concerns of self and others (e.g., students, employees).
– Prepares and cleans up job site (e.g., erecting scaffolding), taking into consideration safety concerns of self and others (e.g., students, employees), and disposes of waste and flammable materials.
– Installs new plumbing fixtures and repairs existing plumbing fixtures including: water closets, urinals, flush-o-meters, lavatories, lavatory faucets, kitchen sinks, kitchen faucets, drinking fountains, shower valves, tempering valves, wash fountains, emergency eye wash fountains and showers.
– Installs and replaces hot water heaters, boilers and heat exchangers for domestic hot water.
– Diagnoses malfunctioning boiler controls for domestic hot water, controls for hot water heaters and hot water heat exchanger controls. This includes all repairs, adjustments and replacement of faulty controls, electronic relays, electric switches, air –electric pressure switches and circuit boards.
– Installs and repairs, tests and certifies cross connection control devices of all types.
– Replaces faulty electrical components for infrared flush-o-meters, wash fountains, faucets on hand sinks.
– Tests for natural gas and air-line leaks, locate and repair.
– Investigates, locates and corrects sewer gas smells that effect indoor air quality.
– Repairs, replaces and installs new piping, fittings (e.g., domestic hot, hot circulating line, waste and vent, swimming pools and irrigation).
– Performs work and cross trains in at least one other trade as an apprentice.
– Assists with snow removal efforts on a 24 hour on-call basis.
– Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Physical & Environmental Conditions:
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Two (2) to ten (10) years experience and training; minimum as follows: L1: Two (2) years related experience, L2: Four (4) years experience, L3: Ten (10) years journeyman experience, including one (1) year internal experience, District specific training or equivalent required for all levels.
– Must have and maintain a valid Colorado Driver’s License and meet District insurability standards.
– L2 (Journeyman) and L3 (Master or Multi-Skilled): Must have and maintain a valid American Society of Sanitary Engineering ASSE Backflow Protection Assembly tester Certificate or be willing to obtain one.
– Must have valid State of Colorado Journeyman Plumber license.
– The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance.
– Effective communication skills.
– Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines.
– Strong attention to detail.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with district and school leaders, faculty, staff and students.
– Work collaboratively with others on a team.
– Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment.
– Ability to pass the Respirator Fit Test requirement: Annually and upon hire either during a physical exam or be able to demonstrate the ability to wear a properly fitted respirator.
– Knowledge of basic electrical, including low and high voltage controls, basic turf irrigation, and basic pool operation.
– Ability to coordinate with other shop staff to complete projects.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments.
– Ability to complete work according to specifications, with attention to detail.
– Ability to plan and organize work, at times with interruptions.
– Ability to problem solve and repair/construct items according to specifications.
– Ability to work independently, make decisions and complete assignments.
– Ability to work overtime hours as necessary and in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
– Ability to interpret and read blueprints and drawings.
– Ability to communicate in English, orally and in writing.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
The COO Office has a dynamic team of highly experienced people working to maintain the integrity of Denver Public Schools and the accountability of what we do as a team. We strive to meet all of the needs of our schools, Administrative buildings and constituents. The operations team encompasses Facilities, Enterprise Management, Transportation, Technology, School of Choice, Planning and Assessment, Safety and Security, Program Management, Operations Outreach and Engagement, Finance and Operations Support Services. We are the building blocks of the operations side of Denver Public Schools. We stand on our core values Integrity, Accountability, Equity, Collaboration, Fun and of course Students First. There are a lot of opportunities for anyone looking to work in an innovative, caring, and fast paced, growing entity. Come and check out Team DPS.
– Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
– Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
– Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
– Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyPlease Apply Here: https://ltmwebprod01.dpsk12.org/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=D22
443 total views, 0 today