Temporary 2024 Summer Camp Cook/Chef – Tomahawk Ranch – Girl Scouts of Colorado
Summer Camp Cook/Chef – Tomahawk Ranch
Are you looking for a full-time, part-time, or temporary summer job?
Make a difference in the life of a camper and spend an unforgettable summer in the Rocky Mountains!
Come work for Tomahawk Ranch’s commercial kitchen! We are hiring hard working and dedicated staff from May – August 2024 for our summer camp season! Tomahawk serves roughly 200 campers/staff per week.
Tomahawk Ranch is located one-hour southwest of Denver in Bailey, Colorado. Tomahawk Ranch is licensed by the State of Colorado and accredited by the American Camp Association.
Kitchen Staff who work an average of 40 hours/week during the camp season may* have access to low cost onsite shared housing, as available and allowed per GSCO policies.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: Late May to Mid-August 2024 (approximate dates TBD)
Pay: $20-$26 per hour
- Employee Assistance Program – 100% Employer Paid.
- Sick Pay in accordance with Colorado Law.
- Kitchen Staff who work an average of 40 hours/week during the camp season may* have access to low cost onsite shared housing, as available and allowed per GSCO policies.
For more information about Tomahawk Ranch please visit our website!
Cook/Chef General Duties: The Camp Cook/Chef is responsible for providing meals for campers and staff during summer camp program. This includes preparing meals for special diets, cleaning and organizing kitchen and appliances, general cleaning, and maintaining meal records. A primary function of this, and every other job at Tomahawk Ranch, is to ensure that each member, guest, and visitor receives the highest caliber of service.
- Prepare meals for 50-250 people per meal.
- Ensures special food requirements for both campers and staff, e.g., food allergies, gluten free and vegetarian diets are managed with utmost importance for 100% accuracy.
- Responsible for ensuring food items are readily available for staff on weekends.
- Partners with administrative staff to plan, prepare, and deliver timely and accurate pack-out and travel camp food.
- Works with Kitchen Manager to create prep sheets for special event orders.
- Check menus daily for any required advance preparation; Prepare and assign production and prep work for Prep/Assistant Cooks to complete.
- Observe methods of food preparation, cooking, and sizes of portions to ensure food is adequately prepared.
- Ensure proper cooking methods and recipes are followed.
- Perform quality audits and specs checks, including temp checks on food items and dish machines.
- Ensures that CDPHE Food Regulations are being followed by all kitchen staff; Performs daily temperature checks for coolers and products.
- Assists with breakdown of workstation and completion of closing duties ensuring all Prep/Assistant Cooks’ and Dishwashers’ assignments are completed before they sign out.
- Performs check in of all incoming food supply orders (verifies amount ordered vs invoice amount, ensures it is properly stored and rotated) as directed by Kitchen Manager.
- Partner with Kitchen manager to make recipe or menu changes so that foods will be utilized before expiration date to eliminate waste as much as possible.
- Partner with Kitchen Manager to reward and recognize staff for individual and team success.
- Contribute as a leader of the department by supervising Prep/Assistant Cook and Dishwashing staff on improving operational efficiencies as needed.
- Ensure and promote the sanitary integrity of the facility, equipment, and food products.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and proper food preparation according to state and local health department code requirements and departmental procedures.
- Maintains overall sanitation, health, cleanliness, and safety standards for food preparation areas, cooking services, and dishes and utensils.
- Regularly sanitizes kitchen surfaces throughout the day; Assists in daily deep cleaning of specific areas in the kitchen, e.g., floors, counters, ovens, stoves, fridges, etc.
- Keeps stock rooms, coolers, and freezers clean; Ensures that food supplies are rotated, and all perishables are labeled, dated and stored properly.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
Education and/or Formal Training
- High school diploma or equivalent plus one year certificate from college or technical school, preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a cook/chef, preferred.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, current SERV Safe Certification.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, current First Aid/CPR certification.
- Minimum of six months experience in an industrial kitchen, required.
- Prior experience cooking and serving 50-250 people per day, required.
- Documented experience in meal preparation for those with restricted diets and/or food allergies, required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient understanding of sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Proficient understanding of nutrition guidelines, food handling techniques, preparation (including safe preparation of food for those with restricted diets and allergies) and cooking procedures.
- Proficient understanding of food allergies and food related diseases, and the ingredients that may cause the allergy/disease.
- Must understand and comply with food safety and temperature standards.
- Must understand safe use of common kitchen cleaning supplies, chemicals, and equipment.
- Must understand how to interpret SDS sheets.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain personal cleanliness.
- Must be 21+
- Must pass any and all background checks required by GSCO, ACA, and CDHS.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours including early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends.
We encourage applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Our workplace is inclusive, and we strive to create an accessible and accommodating environment for all employees. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding accommodations for disabilities, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are invited to interview and require accommodations, please inform us in advance so that we can make the necessary arrangements to ensure a smooth and accessible interview experience. If you have questions about accessibility or need assistance with the application process, please contact Human Resources at ca*****@gs********.org or 877-404-5708. We are here to help.
Girl Scouts of Colorado celebrates diversity and values the strengths that come with having a diverse community. People from historically marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Girl Scouts of Colorado (GSCO) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GSCO is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GSCO are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations where we operate. GSCO will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://gscolorado.workbrightats.com/jobs/1061727-286035.html
65 total views, 0 today